The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necromancer's Summoners armor

Zezin
Zezin
✭✭✭✭✭
This skill sees very little use outside of PvP due to the overall already stellar sustain of necromancer, I suggest changing it so that instead of reducing the cost of the pets that it instead increase pet damage by 10 to 20% and giving major sorcery and savagery. Necromancer has been severely underperforming as of the last 3 patches being easily the worst class for 4 man content and being relegated to support in trials, this change could bring a bit more power and some very needed buffs to allow necromancer to compete as even in it's supposed good cleave capabilities it is currently being outparsed by both templars and most prominently DKs.

The class used to be the strongest for vKA where we have very static fights with some AOE being required, and now only its stamina counterpart is able to compete but even then it has a lower damage seiling than DKs, sorcs and templars while only being slightly above NB.
ocl5wgyeavdz.png

In here I don't mention warden as while the class is currently possibly the weakest in trials the balance problems go much further beyond it and much like the necro it's issues have been introduced in the last 3 patches, that being said, it's in a good position for 4man and PvP unlike the necro.
  • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    It's good for arenas and going solo in group dungeons
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be more worthwhile to me if it expanded the cost reduction to all bone related spells not just summoned minions. It's really about how many blastbones I can get out per recast of summoner's armor, now include skull throwing and the bone totem in there too would add more value.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good for arenas and going solo in group dungeons

That depends, are you using pale order? because if not I'd say all other classes (except DK) do better in solo content as they have some form of passive healing, the recro has good mitigation but it's not enough to carry it without the aid of healing from pale order.

Necromancer has also been consistently getting the worst scores in solo arenas, this I can prove easily as see in the maelstrom leaderboards below

Necromancer:
    d1imm9ek4vf9.png

Dragonknight:
    hok3q8ht5v4z.png

Sorcerer:
    skktz2lbbq16.png

Nightblade:
    8zbc2fz4le0o.png

Templar:
    usxqu72x57b8.png

Warden:
    l75dslegymkr.png
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be more worthwhile to me if it expanded the cost reduction to all bone related spells not just summoned minions. It's really about how many blastbones I can get out per recast of summoner's armor, now include skull throwing and the bone totem in there too would add more value.

As I've said before, in PvE necromancer already has stellar sustain, the problem currently is that it's damage just falls short
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    what do you think about this: getting hit/taking damage while summoners armor is active grants you a stack of "severed limbs". when summoners armor ends a version of blastbones (respects morph) is summoned, where the strength scales with the number of stacks you have . You can gain 1 stack per second, up to 15.

You'd need like 5 stacks to summon blastbones at all, with 0.5x regular blastbones tooltip strength.
    At 15 you'd maybe get a 2x modifier. Of course these numbers can be tweaked to make sense. Early recast before 5 stacks are reached would preserve existing stacks.

Edit: and the armor wouldnt generate a corpse beside the blastbones corpse.
    Edited by Vaqual on 2 April 2023 17:40
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaqual wrote: »
    what do you think about this: getting hit/taking damage while summoners armor is active grants you a stack of "severed limbs". when summoners armor ends a version of blastbones (respects morph) is summoned, where the strength scales with the number of stacks you have . You can gain 1 stack per second, up to 15.

You'd need like 5 stacks to summon blastbones at all, with 0.5x regular blastbones tooltip strength.
    At 15 you'd maybe get a 2x modifier. Of course these numbers can be tweaked to make sense. Early recast before 5 stacks are reached would preserve existing stacks.

Edit: and the armor wouldnt generate a corpse beside the blastbones corpse.

The getting hit part would not work for PvE, if the stacks depended only on the time that the sill has been active then it would be interesting.