The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dual Wield Ultimate and Blood Moon Set

Credible_Joe
Credible_Joe
✭✭✭
  • Problem: The Dual Wield ultimate fills the exact same role as Dawnbreaker, but strictly worse in most situations.
    • Solution: Re-work the Dual Wield ultimate to a toggle that increases light attack speed and damage, and drains ult per hit (or swing). Similar to sorc's Storm Calling ult. Morphs could be
      1. health vamp & CC immunity
      2. bonus execute damage.
  • Problem: Blood Moon (medium set from March of Sacrifices) procs too unpredictably to be useful in any rotation. Believe me, I tried real hard.
    • Solution: Re work Blood Moon to proc on ultimate.

Conclusion

This will fulfill my ideal meme build of going absolutely H A M on my targets the way I used to when I counted to 5 every ten seconds and timed the blood moon proc with Empowering Sweep back when it buffed light attacks.

zos pls
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 28 March 2023 17:21
Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The dual wield ultimate does not fill the same role as Dawnbreaker at all. The only similarities are that they're both conal abilities and have a DoT effect on them.

Dawnbreaker is a burst ultimate, and Thrives in Chaos (the only usable morph of the dw ulti do to the terrible targeting of the other morph) is a pressure ultimate - a very good one at that.

Dawnbreaker is used as a kill combo, while Thrives is used to pour a bunch of pressure into a group of enemies. You shouldn't slot Thrives on a build and expect to kill people with it - it does a lot of damage but again, no burst. Instead, you need to DoT up your enemy, set up a delayed burst, then use Thrives to boost the rest of your damage while adding a strong DoT on them.
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker is used as a kill combo, while Thrives is used to pour a bunch of pressure into a group of enemies. You shouldn't slot Thrives on a build and expect to kill people with it - it does a lot of damage but again, no burst. Instead, you need to DoT up your enemy, set up a delayed burst, then use Thrives to boost the rest of your damage while adding a strong DoT on them.

That just sounds like dawnbreaker with extra steps. Almost impossible to set up in PvP outside of alternative bomber builds, and only useful in PvE if the boss you're fighting spawns enough adds all at once.

Even considering its niche use as a DOT burst setup, dawnbreaker can also fill that role. Thrives is better in that scenario (assuming your targets don't have a cleanse), but DB applies a strong DOT as well as buffing your damage regardless of targets hit. Or stunning them so they can't immediately cleanse.

Ultimately, both dawnbreaker morphs get slotted more often than thrives and every time over rend, even in situations where the math puts thrives on top.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That just sounds like dawnbreaker with extra steps. Almost impossible to set up in PvP outside of alternative bomber builds, and only useful in PvE if the boss you're fighting spawns enough adds all at once.

Even considering its niche use as a DOT burst setup, dawnbreaker can also fill that role. Thrives is better in that scenario (assuming your targets don't have a cleanse), but DB applies a strong DOT as well as buffing your damage regardless of targets hit. Or stunning them so they can't immediately cleanse.

Ultimately, both dawnbreaker morphs get slotted more often than thrives and every time over rend, even in situations where the math puts thrives on top.

The Thrives DoT is much stronger than the DB DoT and has the added benefit of buffing all of your other DoTs. I'm not sure where you're getting the "almost impossible to set up" in PvP, as it might be one of the easiest conals to land in the game (its almost twice the size of the Dawnbreaker AoE).

It's a good skill, but it shouldn't be used in the same way as Dawnbreaker (nor is it intended to be).