The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are the "must get them" mythic items for a new account ? Which 3 first as practical advice ?

hrothbern
hrothbern
✭✭✭✭✭
And if you think that this set of first 3 depends also on what role or what purpose please add that to your comments.
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 28 March 2023 17:12
"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of wild hunt for general speed if you are into farming mats etc, and pale order if you like to play solo
    Soupy twist
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oakensoul for accessible one-bar builds, which are capable of doing endgame damage.

Harpooner’s Wading Kilt or Mora’s Whispers for more traditional 2-bar damage builds. Kilt has the higher ceiling and is good in many trials and some dungeons, but Mora’s is more reliable because it has no mechanics to worry about.

Mora’s also gives boosts to XP from monster kills, crafting inspiration, and Alliance war rank in addition to 7% flat crit. It does take a while to get all the books for it, but you’ll get most of them if you plan to level up Mages Guild anyhow.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the role. Personally, I'd recommend to get pale order first to get those arena weapons from solo arenas. Then it starts to depend on what role you want to play. If you're an aspiring healer or support dding interests you, spaulder of ruins. Dd? Harpooner's wading kilt. Third one is a toss between mora's whispers (faster XP and AP gain) and ring of the wild hunt (faster movement speed, which comes handy when farming materials or overland).
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i went for moras whispers and wild hunt on my EU lowbies.

moras for general damage, exp gains, ap gains.

wild hunt for stealth and faster travel.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pale order for solo content. Wild hunt for speed. Death dealers fete for content (can be used on any role, but likely dropped later in favor of monster sets/arena sets).
    DDF requires going into Imperial City though. If you’re going to be a healer, get spaulder instead.

Kilt and moras whispers are dps meta but moras whispers requires a ton of grinding to make better and kilt doesn’t work in every fight.
    Edited by Soarora on 28 March 2023 16:57
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would agree with people suggesting Pale Order and Wild Hunt rings. Very handy ones for literally everything, insane self healing on damage can't be bad and extra speed would be most appreciated when moving from a to b be it farming, getting around or even writ crafting in city.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see... Wild hunt is AMAZING with overland content, or if you ever want to be speedy. Mora's Whispers for the sweet crit, as well as the bonus XP. And Pale Order! It's great if you want to do solo content, or solo arenas. Juts remember to take it off for group content so the healers can actually heal you.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    -I'm with the crowd in regards to Wild Hunt ring. It's a lot of fun.

-I'm the black sheep in regards to the Pale Order ring, never had a use for it, especially when I can use that spot for something else. I've never had a character that needs a mythic to manage health while soloing.

-If you have ESO Plus or the DLCs, Oakensoul ring. It halves the amount of abilities you can use but strengthens you overall in a lot of ways.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    Depends on the role. Personally, I'd recommend to get pale order first to get those arena weapons from solo arenas. Then it starts to depend on what role you want to play. If you're an aspiring healer or support dding interests you, spaulder of ruins. Dd? Harpooner's wading kilt. Third one is a toss between mora's whispers (faster XP and AP gain) and ring of the wild hunt (faster movement speed, which comes handy when farming materials or overland).

Do you benefit from your own Spaulder of Ruin?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »

Do you benefit from your own Spaulder of Ruin?

no, in fact you are penalized for wearing it by getting -recovery for each ally its buffing lol

its purely a group support set
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no "must get them" mythic to be honest. What You will need all depends of what You are planning to do in the game.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    There are no "must get them" mythic to be honest. What You will need all depends of what You are planning to do in the game.

When I was new in the game I had no plan whatsoever.
    that only came up bit by bit while playing and my focus on what aspects of the game I spend most time on is still changing
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a new account, I wouldn't necessarily recommend a mythic tbh. Many of the really useful ones are behind more difficult content that may be more challenging for a newer player.

Instead, I'd recommend a few base game monster sets. Like Bloodspawn, or Chokethorn, or Engine Guardian, or Slimecraw, or grothdar.

But if mythic is the route, I'd stick with 1 of 3. Pale order, Death Dealer, or Oakensoul.

Pale order for solo play only. A new player is likely to need the healing from other players in group content that Pale Order shuts down.

Death Dealer for group and all around play. The max stats are really helpful in most situations.

Oaken for ease of use. But I personally think that survivability on it is likely more challenging for a newer player due to the lack of flexibility for skill choices.