The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where are the armor/weapon furnishings?

MissPan3024
MissPan3024
✭✭✭
I’m a huge fan of the Skyrim decor. My homes always donned armor and weaponry to show my love for wielding a sword and shield. It seems like we could add some to eso. I’m not suggesting that specific sets, styles or weapons be added to the furnishings. Considering that the game is focused on using armor and weapons it makes sense there should be some form of it for our homes. I know that I can use the sword of Ansei, blade of woe and a few other kitchen knives. But it would be really great to have a bit more. It’s almost funny to think of how many styles of urns there are but only a handful of weapons and no armor to display.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its a very curious thing. People have been asking for this stuff for years.

There are plenty of weapon racks, archery targets, stuffed target dummies, mounted shields and mounted weapons, armour racks in game already that would be absolutely perfect.

There's gotta be some reason its being ignored.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on 23 March 2023 01:32
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all the meshes they would have to create for all the Styles, Motifs, Unique Motifs that they would have to create to support this. Not to mention Dyes.

Sure, we can create as many different looks as we want, but we only wear one at a time. The game would have to render all the Mannequins and looks in some cases.

Dont know if they can make the 3D Textures we wear into Statics. The few pieces of Clutter we can pick up and wear looks different on the table that it does on us.

And, keep in mind i have Mannequins in all of my Moddable TES and Fallout Games so I would love it if they could.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d be happy with just two or three different predetermined armored mannequin styles to use in my houses. It would be better than nothing for sure.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    These have been asked for since housing came out, and i don't think there has ever been an answer to why we don't have them yet. I was only recently finishing High Isle and entered Garick's Rest, a small dungeon used it seems just for this one small part of the story quest.

Inside this small single use dungeon were ALL of the below various weapon and armor racks (except the last 3, those were in a following area on the story quest but i wanted extras). Now this is 1 small dungeon, in 1 zone, in 1 expansion. There are thousands of these sorts of things across the game world, in nearly every area, dungeon, house, inn, etc.

Sure, each and every weapon, styles, armor, shield, would be nice, but also a huge amount of work I'd guess. But maybe toss us a few of these common looking ones some day? We still have barely anything. 1 huge sword, 1-2 daggers, and that's about it.

ae91h17acuh5.png
    fdum0115hmi3.png
    rzwwa26vo6qb.png
    e7l79jhgobu1.png
    i6lr99hs1o30.png
    19q80erucmx4.png
    gjvgrjorq83x.png
    i7hw0bh9giw4.png
    p3v1ywxkcgec.png
    c43031ebbhye.png
    n1mwcnl0ze58.png
    zbbve00hyqa9.png
    43cny4t8jwkv.png
    5eulhifjuf34.png
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    It is all the meshes they would have to create for all the Styles, Motifs, Unique Motifs that they would have to create to support this. Not to mention Dyes.

Sure, we can create as many different looks as we want, but we only wear one at a time. The game would have to render all the Mannequins and looks in some cases.

Dont know if they can make the 3D Textures we wear into Statics. The few pieces of Clutter we can pick up and wear looks different on the table that it does on us.

And, keep in mind i have Mannequins in all of my Moddable TES and Fallout Games so I would love it if they could.

I wonder though could they just do it the way Skyrim did it for housing? i.e. create one mesh - a mannequin. And then just create all the armours as skins.
    Plus, I think they might even have some of this done already as when you go to an armourer in game, you can see they already have created the individual item pieces as placeable objects for the base styles. Even just those styles would be a huge leap forward for housing
    Edited by Zypheran on 25 March 2023 06:12
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • gusthermopyle
    gusthermopyle
    ✭✭

Although we would all love to be abel to create all the different sets etc, it doesn't have to be that way. Among the housing community there would still be much love for some simple, standard armour/weapons as furnishings as we see around the world.

Just a few swords, staves, spears, shields, bows. Some armour, helmets, boots etc.

It doesnt HAVE to be a mammoth coding task, surely? If the base models are already in the world.

If ZoS wants to fill its wallet from our wallets then by all means introduce crafting furnishing versions of all the sets and then sit back and watch the money roll in :)
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

I wonder though could they just do it the way Skyrim did it for housing? i.e. create one mesh - a mannequin. And then just create all the armours as skins.
    Plus, I think they might even have some of this done already as when you go to an armourer in game, you can see they already have created the individual item pieces as placeable objects for the base styles. Even just those styles would be a huge leap forward for housing
    Skyrim mannequins are people of specially created mannequin race. Their AI package consists of remaining still like a statue and they're additionally flagged to not take damage or show a HP bar, like Gelebor. You dress them much like you can dress followers.

If that kind of mechanic were to be translated to ESO, the place to start would be the house guest system. We can already place guest versions of companions but they won't carry over our choices of wardrobe. If outfit stations could be opened up for house guests, that would also allow for easy addition of mannequins. But I'm afraid it might be a technical limitation. The game designers might also not want to see all house guests in bathing towels, although I think that if people wish to create a pool party scene in their houses, they should be empowered to do so.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Although we would all love to be abel to create all the different sets etc, it doesn't have to be that way. Among the housing community there would still be much love for some simple, standard armour/weapons as furnishings as we see around the world.

Just a few swords, staves, spears, shields, bows. Some armour, helmets, boots etc.

It doesnt HAVE to be a mammoth coding task, surely? If the base models are already in the world.

If ZoS wants to fill its wallet from our wallets then by all means introduce crafting furnishing versions of all the sets and then sit back and watch the money roll in :)

I agree that if they just gave us some generic armor and weapon displays it would be awesome.

• Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭

Well it doesn't have to be something that you can customize that much. A few simple sword displays, an armor rack or wall mounted helm. These could be set styles and not something that you fine tune. Doing all the styles/dyes would be killer on the server especially if people set up things like weapon/armor shop looking houses.

My light store house I'm sure isn't helping the server any. XD
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    when High Isle was announced and I heard "knights in shining armor" I was so hopeful for at the very least a suit of armor furnishing. But no...
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it's something to do with the engine. Witcher 3 allowed you to put any armour or weapon item you owned on the racks and I really, really doubt they would have redone every item by hand versus the animated model to enable that. Presumably ESO's engine (or the way armour and weapons are designed to fit the player) can't handle that for whatever reason.
    Edited by Northwold on 9 April 2023 12:53
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Its understood we probably wont ever get every item being mountable and such, but as some of the pictures i posted above, why cant we have an assortments of THOSE pre-made generic static weapon/armor racks.

Even if not ideal, they would still be very nice to have.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's something to do with the engine. Witcher 3 allowed you to put any armour or weapon item you owned on the racks and I really, really doubt they would have redone every item by hand versus the animated model to enable that. Presumably ESO's engine (or the way armour and weapons are designed to fit the player) can't handle that for whatever reason.

Except many of us aren't asking for advanced mannequins or the like. We just want static racks with weapons, armour and similar items we see everywhere in game. They work exactly the same as any other furniture.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racks of low-grade practice weapons and non-interactive training dummies and archery targets would make a decent furnishing pack.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Racks of low-grade practice weapons and non-interactive training dummies and archery targets would make a decent furnishing pack.

No, we shouldn't get more furniture that should honestly be at Home Goods furnisher as crown only.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we’ve only just got a new Luxury furnishing item of shelves of tubes & lab equipment, so maybe (just maybe) there’s hope that these might come too.

Oh, and add a pick-axe to the mix too please.
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I popped into Ules Manor outside of Suran and low and behold, several Mannequins with Armor on them.

These exist in the game, so it should be easy to add them as Furniture.