The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Isle/Firesong furnishing plans on Galen

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It’s not too long before the next chapter comes out, and I am trying to pick up some purple High Isle and Firesong furnishing plans that aren’t astronomically expensive. (Seems like Galen has some High Isle plans like the teapot and censer that must only drop there and are more expensive). I do this every year, with the hopes of learning them all without breaking the bank.

I see that prices are starting to fall a bit, some still 1-2 mil gold but a few less than 500k.

I wonder if everyone else on my server is like me. I have put in a lot of time to farm the few duplicate plans I managed to find and want to list for a good amount to be able to buy the ones I did not find. Maybe everyone else is tired of relisting multiple times and just want a sale. These plans are so rare that 1 mil gold is a reasonable price, though.

Why are the purple plans so ridiculously rare anyway? I don’t even find blue plans regularly either, but they only sell for 20-30k tops.

This is not sustainable for housing. 1 mil or even 0.5 mil for one furnishing plan in the current zone, not even an Ayleid plan for crying out loud.. We need better drops.

Maybe this is why I see so many no-name guilds in the best locations like Elden Root, Wayrest, and Mournhold. Many of them have zero purple furnishing plans for these areas now. I guess they just sell mats and motifs instead. You can’t find the latest furnishing plans from other zones though either.

You’ve been slowly killing housing with zones that have no areas to find furnishing plans since Murkmire.
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate has been beyond miserable for a while.

The last time I went out of my way to farm patterns was when they first dropped from Skyrim dailies... and I burned out doing all of the dailies, on all my characters, every day. With how they stagger releasing the patterns now? I am not going to go back and farm the same dailies every time a new batch is released. I will wait for them to drop from writ containers.

I figure, this is how most people are doing it now. Which is why prices tank once the writ containers come out.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop rate of new Galen plans from the 2 dailies is miserable and with no mention of a problem in today's patch notes I assume it's working as intended. There is no real upside for the regular player and by extension, for the game.

The disappointment and frustration are certainly noticeable in game chat ( PC NA ), as is the lack of new items being displayed for pricing and sales. If these changes are intentional perhaps a re-visit to the metrics used to determine the decisions made - if it's believed to enrich the player's experience then there really is no hope for improvement.

The odds suck, you are losing interest by the players and fostering discontent in the community.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not talking about the structural furnishing plans from the daily quests, those are plentiful enough that guild prices were quite low after they started dropping.

I’m referring to the purple Druidic Chandelier, Chests, Ovens, Sphere, Planter, etc. - those type of furnishing plans that have to be farmed from the few containers in the zone.

I did say Firesong in the title but I was referring to the dlc patch and not the furnishing plans with Firesong in the name. They are fairly plentiful and cheap as well except that the Druidic Chandelier might have had Firesong in its name. Sorry for any confusion.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bad , sorry - saw Galen and was triggered :)

I agree with purples you mentioned from looting - from the day of release I have found 2 chandeliers and 1 of the teapots and that's with a lot of looting at the house on a daily basis ( a lot is more than 100 of each of the Druidic greens available from there ). Blues from looting are less common lately however the prices have certainly come down significantly.

The prevalence daily WB/delve Galen new rewards are indicative of the same issue - far too rare.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My bad , sorry - saw Galen and was triggered :)

I agree with purples you mentioned from looting - from the day of release I have found 2 chandeliers and 1 of the teapots and that's with a lot of looting at the house on a daily basis ( a lot is more than 100 of each of the Druidic greens available from there ). Blues from looting are less common lately however the prices have certainly come down significantly.

The prevalence daily WB/delve Galen new rewards are indicative of the same issue - far too rare.

Wow, you are lucky to get two chandeliers. I have not found one yet and 700k is more than I want to spend right now.

Hopefully there will be random purple furnishing plan envelopes for those in the future and I can get one then. It’ll be a long wait, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just looking through traders in the capital cities (including Alinor, Rimmen, etc.) I still see the Druidic purple plans and the Firesong purple plans like the Archdruid’s staff for anywhere from 400k to 2 mil gold.

Of course the effort required to obtain these plans due to the infinitesimally small drop rate justifies setting these prices, but on PS NA they aren’t selling. These Druidic and Firesong plans aren’t worth these prices, though, they just aren’t desirable enough.

I see more and more traders in the base game capital cities (Elden Root, Wayrest, Mournhold) that don’t even have more than base game styles like Dark Elf green and a handful or blue plans, maybe a purple plan or two. These are new guilds without the latest zone offerings and only the most basic of items.

How is the console game furnishing plan economy going to last under these conditions? We don’t have players who complain about lack of gold sinks here. If you can’t sell, you can’t buy.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA