The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Can't log in to PC NA after maintenance

Sirona_Starr
Sirona_Starr
✭✭✭✭✭
Error 103 - fail to obtain server information
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 22 June 2023 00:07
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind, it's working now. :) Thanks!
    Options
  • Seraphaile
    Seraphaile
    ✭✭✭
    Not working for me. Error 103
    Options
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not working as inteded I get in sometimes other times not.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
    Options
  • Dean340
    Dean340
    ✭✭✭
    same for me
    Options
  • Allington
    Allington
    ✭✭
    Error 103 for me on PC EU
    Cat in a hat.
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get an error message popping up when hitting the play button. Says "bad image", and something about a file called bink2w64.dll not working properly.

EDIT: adding it says Error status 0xc000007b
    Edited by Djennku on 27 March 2023 12:25
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    had to make 5 - 6 attempts to log in (from EU)

steam - EU fine, NA - message: can't connect or something similar
    non steam - EU - err 103 , NA - 200 even on log out of character
    Options
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Same, getting error 103.
    Options
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Same, getting error 103.

After a few tries I can finally log in.
    Options
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Getting 103 errors on both Na and EU servers - EU finally let me in after 10 tries - NA i am up to 30 tries and still wont let me in.

Some where around 35 it finally let me connect - now it is back to 103 error on the EU one
    Edited by perogwin_ESO on 27 March 2023 13:48
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having luck logging in on PC EU accounts first, then swapping to PC NA accounts.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, "unexpected internal error" for NA for me.
    Options
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I log into PC-EU to get daily rewards, log out, and when I try to log into PC-NA, I get Error 103. Restarting client doesn't help, just can't log on for however long.
    Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    And now EU's doing "unexpected internal error" to me, too.
    Options
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    happening for me on both pc eu and na servers, i eventually got in to both but also boo
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on a fix for this???

Edited by majulook on 27 March 2023 15:37
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say but after logging into PC-EU server I am not able to log into PC-NA, keep getting the 103-error.
    Options
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    see Kevin's post just now in dev tracker, it's intentional. this sucks and what sucks even more is the late notice. thanks for nothing Kevin!
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we had a hotfix that has added a 3 minute timer between megaserver logins depending on your platform. That is most likely why you are hitting the 103 error. This is intended. If you wait out the 3 minutes, you should be able to login no problem. We updated here for consoles and PC.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭✭
    a better technical experience? I have a different definition for that.

that's a very annoying change for someone who plays on both servers.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we had a hotfix that has added a 3 minute timer between megaserver logins depending on your platform. That is most likely why you are hitting the 103 error. This is intended. If you wait out the 3 minutes, you should be able to login no problem. We updated here for consoles and PC.

I think "a better technical experience" gets filed under the "calling it rain" category.

Yes, I know that swapping megaservers too fast will sometimes cause weird errors, so I usually wait a little bit before swapping. But "wait a little bit" usually meant 10-20 seconds. 3 minutes is 10x longer than what's needed here and most definitely does not deliver a so-called "better technical experience".

This is ridiculous.
    Edited by code65536 on 27 March 2023 16:00
    Options
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the others that this is a pretty frustrating change, but maybe if the game had better error messages with more useful information, this wouldn’t be a problem. Error 103 tells us nothing about this arbitrary limit.
    Options
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for letting us know what's going on, @ZOS_Kevin.
    Having said that, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not gonna wait out the 3 minutes. I'm just going to log on less.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All fair and good if that's a needed change, but perhaps update the error message to reflect that. It would save a lot of hassle both here in the forums, in game and in the customer service departments.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    All fair and good if that's a needed change, but perhaps update the error message to reflect that. It would save a lot of hassle both here in the forums, in game and in the customer service departments.

Thanks for the feedback here on the error message. We will be updating the error message in a future release. When we have an ETA for that, we'll be sure to update everyone.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who plays both megaservers, this change is terrible. Please reconsider this.

At the very least give us a timer that tells us how much time is left until the cooldown is over.

Thank you for your time @ZOS_Kevin Appreciate you
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on 27 March 2023 16:49
    Options
  • elinien
    elinien
    ✭✭✭

I've logged into both megaservers regularly for 7 years and never needed anything like this, so why exactly do I need it now???? Why? Really... why? If the number of people who do switch is so small that they don't really matter for syncing the reset timers, why do they matter for a login wait out? ARGH! Grrrrrrrrr.
    PCNA/EU since 2015
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin For people with Steam accounts, this change has a more significant impact.

Why? Because when you launch the game via Steam, it logs you in immediately, into whatever server you were last on. That means if you logged off on NA the night before and want to log onto EU the next day, you need to start the game, which automatically logs you onto NA, then log off, then swap servers, wait 3 minutes, and then log onto EU.

Non-steam users have a chance to change the server before logging on. Steam users don't have that option and can only change servers after logging on and then logging off.

That's always been a nuisance about ESO via Steam, but now with this change, it's no longer just a minor nuisance for anyone who plays on both servers.
    Options
  • Obs1dian
    Obs1dian
    ✭✭✭
    @code65536 as a kludgy workaround (but maybe less annoying than the three minute wait) you can make a shortcut for the eso64.exe file (default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client) and run that, switch megaserver, then close it before launching from the launcher.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.