Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let Me Transfer From PS5 to PC

Steel_Heart777
Steel_Heart777
✭✭✭
The main Cyrodiil campaign (the only one with any players) on PS5 is absolutely unplayable. I have voiced this in endless different ways through every possible report form, through my own threads and through the threads of others over the years. Anytime I try to play in the campaign I can't even activate a single buff, let alone attempt any kind of combo or combat at all. My character simply twitches in place and all skills fail, those that don't are extremely delayed. Mounting is 3-5 second delay, even siege weapons will fail to fire 50% of the time or more depending on amount of lag, and oil pots I put up become unable to be used and therefore I have to wait for them to de-spawn to try to put one up again. Break free will fail to work and my character will break free in place 2-3+ times, sometimes never breaking free at all even then. Players are sliding around in a slideshow of apparent time travel, and randomly I'm being transported back in time 5-10 seconds from where I just was, and game sometimes completely crashes. In the past couple weeks in the single hour (if that) which I can endure before switching to another game which actually works, I have been hitting my Ultimate abilities at least 5 times only to have them literally be unable to fire at all. This is not an issue on my end: I have an optimized console setup with all LAN wired connections, fastest Fibe internet available, performance mode and all Wi-Fis in house disabled. All other games work perfectly and run flawlessly on my console, this is the only one with this issue.

I'm earnestly requesting the option to transfer from console to PC, as I understand there are in deed issues with lag but from my years of experience and reading the inputs of other players, PC is at least remotely playable unlike console. This is probably the only thing that can remedy this catastrophe for me. I sincerely love this game and want to be able to play it, but it's unplayable in it's current state on my console.
  • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
  • CP 2400+
  • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
  • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
  • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just start over on PC, the sooner you do the sooner you catch up and worry less about how long it will be. Do non-CP campaign for a while until the numbers get to something you feel manageable to move to CP campaign. At least you have two different options available.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started over on PC just a bit over a year ago and now I have over 1100 CP. The only things I really miss from my PS account are all the crown store purchases such as mounts, housing decorations and the house itself.
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    Just start over on PC, the sooner you do the sooner you catch up and worry less about how long it will be. Do non-CP campaign for a while until the numbers get to something you feel manageable to move to CP campaign. At least you have two different options available.

I should have done this years ago. Now however I'm not willing to start over - 9 years of money, time and achievements sunk into this. With the game unplayable on console, the very least ZoS could do is offer the option to transfer.
    • CP 2400+
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who cares about achievements. Just start over. Cp is gained so fast now. And then you can play a game that works some of the time instead of never.
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    I started to play on PC as well, CP is not an issue. My GF started playing like a month ago and is already on CP420.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would probably be much quicker to just make a new account on PC, rather than waiting for a transfer option. There are likely technical, contractual, and financial issues that prevent ZOS/Sony from allowing this type of transfer.

People have asked for this for years...years...and if it ever happens it might still be a long wait.
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about achievements. Just start over. Cp is gained so fast now. And then you can play a game that works some of the time instead of never.

I get your point, but I do care about the achievements when at stake is a master crafter with every single full motif, style page and crown store style page, every single quest in the game completed, max antiquities skill line and all mythics collected, most purple and gold antiquities in the game, many expensive mounts and houses, 10 characters with maxed skill lines including 2 (almost 3) AR 50 Grand Overlords, etc etc.

Having full-time responsibilities IRL and having other games I play as well I simply can't accept losing 9 years of time, money and effort because of the company's failure and subsequent inability to even offer a minimal compromise of allowing a transfer.
    • CP 2400+
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they allowed a player to transfer their crown store purchases from one console to another once, that would be nice.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main Cyrodiil campaign (the only one with any players) on PS5 is absolutely unplayable. I have voiced this in endless different ways through every possible report form, through my own threads and through the threads of others over the years. Anytime I try to play in the campaign I can't even activate a single buff, let alone attempt any kind of combo or combat at all. My character simply twitches in place and all skills fail, those that don't are extremely delayed. Mounting is 3-5 second delay, even siege weapons will fail to fire 50% of the time or more depending on amount of lag, and oil pots I put up become unable to be used and therefore I have to wait for them to de-spawn to try to put one up again. Break free will fail to work and my character will break free in place 2-3+ times, sometimes never breaking free at all even then. Players are sliding around in a slideshow of apparent time travel, and randomly I'm being transported back in time 5-10 seconds from where I just was, and game sometimes completely crashes. In the past couple weeks in the single hour (if that) which I can endure before switching to another game which actually works, I have been hitting my Ultimate abilities at least 5 times only to have them literally be unable to fire at all. This is not an issue on my end: I have an optimized console setup with all LAN wired connections, fastest Fibe internet available, performance mode and all Wi-Fis in house disabled. All other games work perfectly and run flawlessly on my console, this is the only one with this issue.

I'm earnestly requesting the option to transfer from console to PC, as I understand there are in deed issues with lag but from my years of experience and reading the inputs of other players, PC is at least remotely playable unlike console. This is probably the only thing that can remedy this catastrophe for me. I sincerely love this game and want to be able to play it, but it's unplayable in it's current state on my console.

I'm on PS5 and I don't have the problems you're having.
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that the PvP is in such a state all around, I'm not sure it'll be that much better on PC, but I don't play GH anyways.

While I doubt there will be any sort of account transfering anytime soon, it's completely understandable that you'd not want to just drop all the time and start over, and if ZOS isn't going to properly support the PvP scene then they absolutely don't deserve any extra money for it, especially when it's not your fault the performance is unplayable that you feel forced that moving is your only option.

My only suggestion is that if you're *completely* desperate to get onto PC, to find and buy a key from a key site. That way you get to play the game again, and that's money out of ZOS' hands.
  • The_Oakster
    The_Oakster
    ✭✭
    ...because of the company's failure and subsequent inability to even offer a minimal compromise of allowing a transfer...

I moved over from PS having played over 3000hrs to PC about 4 months ago and I'm CP620 so its easy but I get what you mean about the money spent.

What I would say is that as seen by other games, allowing transfers from PS to PC is not as easy as we all think it is. There are all sorts of licencing issues blah blah blah so even if there was a transfer option, it may not include everything you want.

On another note, I get you're invested but with you saying that you can't accept losing all that money, I worry what you'll be like if the company closed, or they stopped supporting consoles, or any other real world things that do and have happened to other games. As hard as it pains me to say sometimes, it's only a game and it could be gone tomorrow.
    Edited by The_Oakster on 4 April 2023 12:37
    Loooooong time lurker. Still lurking mostly.
    • Frost Warden - Albireo Deneb
    • DK Tank - Faidis the Red
    • StamNB Bow/Bow - Kesh-do
    • StamCro - Draugon Crow
    • MagTemplar/WW - Orgoth Wor'gol
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    ...because of the company's failure and subsequent inability to even offer a minimal compromise of allowing a transfer...

I moved over from PS having played over 3000hrs to PC about 4 months ago and I'm CP620 so its easy but I get what you mean about the money spent.

What I would say is that as seen by other games, allowing transfers from PS to PC is not as easy as we all think it is. There are all sorts of licencing issues blah blah blah so even if there was a transfer option, it may not include everything you want.

On another note, I get you're invested but with you saying that you can't accept losing all that money, I worry what you'll be like if the company closed, or they stopped supporting consoles, or any other real world things that do and have happened to other games. As hard as it pains me to say sometimes, it's only a game and it could be gone tomorrow.

I've got 16,000 hours on PS4 and 2000 on PS5 so yeah it ticks me off just a little to be forced to throw that away. To the other point: yes it's money, and time and effort, but mostly it's the principle. Obviously the company closing down or stopping console support would be a totally different situation and I'd be mad just like tons of other people, but that's not the case. The frustration is justified when one platform is playable and meanwhile I can't even use skills on mine. Anyway, I'm holding out hope for the new megaservers that were just discussed on the news page in May. If that fails I'll probably just start grinding on PC I guess.
    • CP 2400+
  • tokeinskyblu
    tokeinskyblu
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if been said but hardware upgrades happening soon. Once that is done playstation and pc servers should be working the same
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    I currently cannot use basic attack on my sorc, this is on ps5 and after reinstalling the game. I have to wait for the next patch to play every time this happens.

Imo the game is not functionally playable anymore, that is after rebuying chapters twice. It just can't function with the layers of zos and then PSN. At this point, it's just abusive. I mean, I remember maelstrom being unbeatable because the game would crash with all going on at once.

The transfers from the stadia closures mean that it is possible as the stadia characters were saved on a different database despite playing on the same server as PC ( unless there was some special deal with zos and Google).

Iam not restarting on PC to encourage what I and others have been through needlessly.

Very simple concepts
    1: if you buy something you are entitled to it. That is no different than if you paid for a burger at McDonald's. I cannot imagine a food chain or retail store having you pay for something and them arbitrarily pondering if you should actually get the item purchased or not. This seems to only be with virtual like be services, that have trouble grasping the concept. However, I feel zos does acknowledge the issue. It just has no protocols for dealing with the host platforms. Especially PSN.

2: if your character can't attack due to a glitch , like others are reporting; the game is broken and it requires care.
    3 if the game is crashing on certain content consistently. Either the platform it's network can't handle it.

It's time to allow cross progression or transfers. I believe ESO is the only multiplatform MMO that doesn't allow this.

• valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sympathies, really I mean that, but I would suggest getting started with starting over rather than waiting for transfers. It will likely be a matter of years (certainly not months), assuming it's even ever going to happen.

ZoS' position on this hasn't changed in a long time, despite many requests.

See https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/25807

"It is not possible for Customer Support, to transfer characters, gear, gold, crowns or items, between different accounts, servers, or platforms. We have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform."

Keep in mind I'm not trying to take a position on whether there SHOULD be transfers, I just wouldn't suggest waiting for it to happen.

Also, just sayin'... Stadia accounts played on the PC NA/EU servers, so that definitely wasn't a transfer between platforms.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 13 August 2023 02:47
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any lag problems on PS5.

You've got a problem with your internet service or something. You'll have the same problem on PC.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you do decide to make the transfer, hit me up and I'll make you a set of training gear. I made the swap from Xbox to PC a couple of years ago with a bunch of friends, and it was a huge difference, and with the help of addons, I was able to get leveled up and raid ready super fast. I also had a grand master crafter within a super short amount of time. We still have issues here, but it's a lot easier to diagnose issues and fine tune fixes on a PC. Plus, there's a really robust and active community.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    Update - since the server upgrade the problem is solved. Seems to run fine since then
    • CP 2400+
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I should have done this years ago. Now however I'm not willing to start over - 9 years of money, time and achievements sunk into this. With the game unplayable on console, the very least ZoS could do is offer the option to transfer.

I understand and respect not wanting to start over again. However, it is extremely unlikely Zenimax will be changing their mind on server transfers after all of these years of being adamant about not offering them.

At the core there is likely a reason that is contractual between them and at least one of the console providers and that Zenimax does not see it worth negotiating a change to that. While this is a guess, it is the on logical reason for Zenimax to not provide such a service.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭
    They should give all console players free transfers to the PC server of their choosing, and shut down console servers.

This is not a entitlement or "master race" thing. But consoles require updates to be greenlit by Playstation and Microsoft which slows down the update cycles massively.

We could actually get hotfixes for bugs rather than waiting 3 months and a 6 week PTS cycle.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should give all console players free transfers to the PC server of their choosing, and shut down console servers.

This is not a entitlement or "master race" thing. But consoles require updates to be greenlit by Playstation and Microsoft which slows down the update cycles massively.

We could actually get hotfixes for bugs rather than waiting 3 months and a 6 week PTS cycle.

No thanks. I have console and pc and much prefer playing on console
    Soupy twist
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdb800 wrote: »
    The transfers from the stadia closures mean that it is possible as the stadia characters were saved on a different database despite playing on the same server as PC ( unless there was some special deal with zos and Google).

There was never such a thing as a Stadia account for ESO. All Stadia players had PC accounts in the same database as all other PC and Mac players. In fact, a lot of people who used Stadia were people who were primarily PC players who would use it to do stuff like daily writs and mount training while away from their PCs. As far as ESO was concerned, Stadia users were just PC players on a custom Linux client running in Google's cloud.

The only time actual transfers were allowed was at console launch when PC players were allowed to copy their PC account to the (at the time) empty console databases, and this was supposedly only possible because the databases were empty.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on 28 August 2023 12:32
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    At the core there is likely a reason that is contractual between them and at least one of the console providers and that Zenimax does not see it worth negotiating a change to that. While this is a guess, it is the on logical reason for Zenimax to not provide such a service.

This has nothing to do with consoles or legal departments. It has to do with the megaserver architecture.

We can't even get transfers between PC-NA and PC-EU! The PTS has to flip back and forth between NA and EU, as well. And the addition of PC characters to XBOX/PS was when it launched and ZOS stated it was because the XBOX/PS databases were completely empty. There are clearly very serious database key conflict issues when attempting to integrate megaservers.

It is likely primary database keys. Like JoeSchmo on PC-NA is character id 8625689214 and character JaneSchmaan on PC-EU is also character id 8625689214. But then that character id is also referenced on thousands and thousands of other database tables, linking inventory and achievements and CP and skill morphs and houses and collectibles and wayshrines unlocked. And it likely cascades. Character 6535683 is under Account 4679467964 and Account 4679467964 owns a particular instance of Grand Psijic Villa 4998723758 and Furnishing 806575735798 is linked to that house 4998723758. And so on and so on.

So you would have to traverse entire tree of database keys and set them all to new numbers to avoid conflicts but do it without breaking any existing links or accidentally duplicating links. No one wants to go to their Grand Psijic Villa and find that their storage container they keep their gold gear in had a database key conflict, got lost in the shuffle, and is no longer attached to their instance of Grand Psijic Villa. Or the container database key got doubled up and attached to two different Grand Psijic Villas and some random player suddenly had all your gear in their storage chest.

WOW has something like 100 realms in the U.S.A. It was designed from the beginning that people might transfer to one of the other servers. The ESO megaserver technology was supposed to abstract this away. There might be 100 servers in the background, but it would all appear as 1 single megaserver and "travel to player" would essentially move you between different realms/servers/instances transparently. Because of this, I feel like ESO was not built with the concept of server transfers.

There are no licensing or addon issues stopping PC-NA and PC-EU from having transfers, or XBox-NA and XBox-EU, or PS-NA and PS-EU, and yet we have never seen even a hint of it happening. Until we see transfers between different live and populated regional servers of same platform, I cannot imagine transfers between different platforms.