The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we please get target dummies that look like target dummies?

LADYKiLLER
LADYKiLLER
✭✭✭
I have a house for an RP guild that a gigantic iron atronach just doesn't look right in. It'd be nice to have target dummies that look like they're made of straw or something, so that we can still have that functionality without having to compromise on housing design so heavily.
  • Raptor788
    Raptor788
    ✭✭
    This is something I and so many others have wanted for SO long. It would be great to practice on straw dummies, and to be able to use it in our houses, not only as a cool decoration but as one we can use as it would be. None of the "target dummies" available are actual target dummies like we see in the world, like these:

rmacx0nq86ea.png

These assets are already in the game and have been for a while. Granted, maybe they're a little out of date, but this is the kind of thing we'd love to see.

From a development standpoint, I understand that it's easier to have target dummies mimic enemy mobs, since they behave like enemies do for the purposes of being targeted by player attacks. However, a straw dummy on a stick wouldn't need to be rigged or animated, so it's not like it's out of the realm of possibility.

I think it'd be a fantastic and immersive addition to both the housing and PvE community. You could have a basic one for the dungeon boss tier, then maybe one with a helmet, weapon and shield for a trial-level boss (since that's ultimately the best dummy for parsing).
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, PLEASE.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    good,i want one