The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[REQUEST] Modify quest markers for DLC main quest givers

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I am somebody who likes to follow the main quest in one go and do local side quests on the fly.

Quest markers are a good help in seeing where the quest giver for a local side quest is. However, in the capitals quest givers for the story quests of DLCs and other regions have exactly the same quest marker which makes it difficult to see if the quest giver is one for a local side quest or for a DLC story quest.

So it would be great if these story quest givers could get a different quest marker over their head and in the compass. It would be sufficient if they get a different color like the marker for dailies have a different color when not picked up.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 10 March 2023 16:52
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

My ideal would be to have 1 location where you can start all the DLC and chapter prologue quests, maybe something like a Herald offering news on foreign events or a notice board, and accepting a quest from there adds the NPC to the world. They could give you a bit of background first, like you get at the end of the tutorial when choosing portals. This would fix the problem with things like Lyris and Abnur Tharn hanging around towns when the main quest says they're stuck in Coldharbour, as well as reducing the 'clutter' in cities and make it easy for players to know where to go to start a prologue or DLC quest.

Unique quest markers would be very helpful as well, especially if combining the quest givers isn't practical. I've been playing for years but I don't always remember which of the quests in starter cities is actually for that location and which is a DLC quest until I've picked them up and checked which section of the journal they go into, and it's hard to know if I've missed anything with all the arrows around. If they were a different shape or colour (or both) that would be a big help.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest markers are a good help in seeing where the quest giver for a local side quest is. However, in the capitals quest givers for the story quests of DLCs and other regions have exactly the same quest marker which makes it difficult to see if the quest giver is one for a local side quest or for a DLC story quest.

Before and if that is done, you can follow the main story via the Zone Guide on the left side of the screen when you open the map. It tracks the Zone main questline and you can click on 'start questline' or 'continue questline' and it gives you a flare over the next quest giver. Helps when there are several quest givers around or you don´t know where the next one is.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on 10 March 2023 15:13
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaleAmazon wrote: »

Before and if that is done, you can follow the main story via the Zone Guide on the left side of the screen when you open the map. It tracks the Zone main questline and you can click on 'start questline' or 'continue questline' and it gives you a flare over the next quest giver. Helps when there are several quest givers around or you don´t know where the next one is.

I know that but my "issue" is with side quest markers. Zone main quests are easy to identify and easy to distinguish from local side quests or quests leading to story quests of different zones.

My point is that the quest marker allows no distinction between local side quests and quests leading to story quests of different zones.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point is that the quest marker allows no distinction between local side quests and quests leading to story quests of different zones.

Ok, I think I know what you mean. The DLC story quests have the 'main quest' type icon and you can sort them with Zone Guide like I wrote. If you mean prologue quests, for now the workaround is to look in your quest journal, the DLC (non-zone) quests are sorted under 'prologue'.

I know it´s not the perfect solution and not what you asked for, but it is what you can do at the moment.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mh. I talk about the quest givers in the capital that lead you to the zone. It has an ordinary quest marker. Trust me. And it is not in my quest book as long as I have not picked it up. And I don't want to pick it up if I am not about to do it right away.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't DLC main quest givers. It's DLC prologue quest givers in base-game zones.

A DLC main quest happens in its own zone. It's the prologue quests that happen in base-game zones, and look like Just Another Sidequest.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that precision. You are probably right.