The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is the old new game plus feature still active?

HisShadowX
HisShadowX
✭✭✭
So I remember once you beat the main quest there was a way to switch factions does this still exist? Will you had back into coldharbour and choose a faction and start over maybe in the ebonheart alliance ?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 19 March 2023 17:23
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HisShadowX wrote: »
    So I remember once you beat the main quest there was a way to switch factions does this still exist? Will you had back into coldharbour and choose a faction and start over maybe in the ebonheart alliance ?

I believe you get dropped in the starter zone, not cold Harbour but essentially yes.
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwells silver and gold still exist. You pick those up in the harbourage at main quest completion.

But they're less meaningful post one-Tamriel. You do get the soul shriven motif, though, for cadwell's silver completion.
  • sh4d0wh4z3
    sh4d0wh4z3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since One Tamriel, anybody can go anywhere and do any quest at any time, so you do not need to start cadwell's silver or gold in order to go and do another alliance's main quest line. However, I feel it's better to do this while on cadwell's silver and gold for a reward, and for it to flow a bit more better.
  • HisShadowX
    HisShadowX
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

I believe you get dropped in the starter zone, not cold Harbour but essentially yes.

Thank you, can you replay the main quest again as well?

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Thank you, can you replay the main quest again as well?

No, you only do the main quest once per character.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I did all 3 alliances before the Coldharbour invasion, all I had to do for gold and silver was leave and reenter the harbourage.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tincanman wrote: »
    Cadwells silver and gold still exist. You pick those up in the harbourage at main quest completion.

But they're less meaningful post one-Tamriel. You do get the soul shriven motif, though, for cadwell's silver completion.
    This, faction at creation locks your PvP faction and the harbourage you use during main quest and cadwell's.
    Quest locations for guild quest lines and the main quest changes depending on starting faction.
    But you can do the faction quest for another faction before your own if you want to keep an faction for PvP or other reasons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several things here:

(1) You can now complete Coldharbour after the Harborage questline, without ever having to complete your OWN faction's quest line.

(As well as having the ability to do your own faction's quest line - and the other faction's quest lines - out of order: within each zone you may get pointed towards the proper order within that zone, but you can generally do the zones themselves in any order. However if you do this, then the actual completion quest of each zone will still point you to the next one, but if you've completed it out of order you'll have nothing to do there.)

(2) The result of this is that, provided you have completed Coldharbour and the "God of Schemes" final quest from the Harborage, you can actually do Cadwell's Silver and Gold. And there are still minimal rewards for doing so - a character-bound motif book (obtainable on every character) for completing Cadwell's Silver, and a purple-quality ring from the Meridia set for completing Cadwell's Gold.

(3) The Silver and Gold factions have to be completed in that order, at least for the game to give you credit for it: - you DON'T get a choice as to which faction is the Silver, it's the next one in "sequence" - Covenant characters have to do the Dominion for Silver, Dominion characters have to do the Pact for Silver, Pact characters have to do the Covenant. If you complete the "Gold" faction first (or second, after your own faction) Cadwell won't give you the "Gold" or "Silver" reward: you have to do the actual "Silver" faction before you can get the Silver reward, and then the game can check whether you've done the Gold faction as well and earned that reward too.

(4) All of which is, technically, still possible without ever having completed your own faction. But, for making any sense at all, it shouldn't be done this way.

(5) If you complete a "Silver" faction before having done Coldharbour, you don't get anything for it until after you complete Coldharbour. Likewise if you complete a "Gold" faction before having done the "Silver" faction, you don't get anything for it until you've completed the Silver faction.

(6) Really, this would make a lot more sense if you had to actually complete your own faction quest (as well as the Harborage "Main Quest" line) before Cadwell would recognise Silver, either to start or finish it... which is how I still recommend playing it.

(7) Even more annoyingly: the game doesn't even point new characters towards your own faction's quest line, or the Harborage Main Quest, now. Instead, you get option-paralysis about which chapter zone (out of those you own) you want to start in.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    There are several things here:
    and a purple-quality ring from the Meridia set for completing Cadwell's Gold.

A bit OT, but has that always been the case?
    AFAIR I got some blue stuff, which at the time really pixxed me off - so much work for so little reward.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i never saw the OG pre-one tamriel game as a new game plus, because the content still got progressively harder and you just worked through the quests of the other factions

classic NG+ for other games usually meant that you started a new character with some or all of the bonuses/gear you had on the previous character, but its never worked like that in this game, every new character always had to redo skill lines and quests with the only advantage you had being able to give gear from one character to the other
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014