The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Other players cast something at my character which causes my weapon to unsheathe

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Sometimes, in the busier areas, other players cast some spell at my character which causes my weapon to unsheathe. What is the spell, and is there any way to stop this occurring? It's annoying and unwarranted.
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390

Best Answers

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if there are particular parameters involved, but the unsheathing seems to be a side effect of skills that can affect your character. I mostly notice it with heals like the resto staff regen, but I'm sure there are others. Probably not much we can do about it, unfortunately.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Answer ✓
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It probably is radiating regeneration. I think combat prayer can do it too. Unfortunately, it also kicks you out of emotes.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Answer ✓
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't you just hate being healed? :D
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

when not in combat yes, because it is unnecessary and annoying
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »

when not in combat yes, because it is unnecessary and annoying
    I needed to figure out a better emoji. As a cloaking NB main I actually don't like being resto healed at all, neither in nor out of combat. That said, I'm grumpy and was partly laughing at myself. In combat it can give away your location. Not 100% sure with enemy animations nowadays, but I think I've seen it. Out of combat it knocks you out of music or dancing animations.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB