The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Classes

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trained by this game never to announce anything that I particularly find fun/effective in terms of gear, skills or class. . . for I know of no better or faster way than to have it nerfed.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Androrix wrote: »
    I know if.

I would be more into Warden if the abilities weren’t Vvardenfell themed.

As a mystic, you should be calling local animals to fight with you, it’s very immersion breaking to summon Shalks or Cliffracers to aid while exploring any Non-Dunmer homeland.

If the warden class was developed in Vvardenfell then it makes sense that all wardens would learn the same skills, to be passed down to their apprentice wardens. The Dragonknight doesn't change its skills depending on which zone they are playing in, neither should the warden, in my humble opinion. Otherwise it would lose it's uniqueness.

Another class could be created that uses other animals. Some sort of ranger, maybe.
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    Other, future, new (please specify)
    wilykcat wrote: »
    I've been wondering which class is so far the most awesome, fun, playable, creative, and enjoyable to play. Which class is the best in PvP, dungeons, and/or PvE... Any suggestions or ideas to improve on current classes?

the question for a single chose vote is set incorrectly, there is no universal class that can do everything well, DK and wardens, for example, are killing machines in pvp, and are very tenacious in themselves, the same necromancers in pvp are very weak, but good in pve. I would say so, pvp - warden, dk, pve - nightblade, necromancer, sorc, sorc with HA builds is especially good, about templars I don’t know, but in pvp i can kill templars on necro without big troubles, what can not be said about the same dk or warden, which can absorb a ton of damage and shave you off in a second, but there are also unkillable templars who hit painfully, but still not so.
    Fun depends on the taste of the player and love for some kind of setting, i love necro setting, and blood mage nightblade, but is more fun
    if just take skills for me it’s sorc, could be good battle mage, summoner, best HA gameplay, and archer, abilities are very interesting and are not tied to a healing, defensive or attacking branch, which I don’t like about new classes, since everything is unified, instead of giving the class one major and second minor role, which it did very well, for example, one class might be good at tanking, deal medium damage, but not heal the group well, while another class that deals high damage, has average healing, but doesn't tank well, etc.
    Edited by GrimStyx on 20 March 2023 23:36
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I play all classes except necro, and they're all fun for me. I expect to enjoy the Arcanist too.

Exactly.

…Which class is best or king is not relevant to the question as the question is more about what we like to play the most.
    I've been wondering… Which class is the best in PvP, dungeons, and/or PvE...

There’s no variation whatsoever when you isolate the questions I quoted.

It’s simply Dragonknight in every area except for Healer. Because the class is best at more things than anything else, it’s the obvious answer to that portion of the question.

If you’re regarding the first half of the question…
    I've been wondering which class is so far the most awesome, fun, playable, creative, and enjoyable to play…

It depends on your values. “awesome, fun, playable, creative, and enjoyable to play” for me, is synonymous to clearing content, supporting my teammates, and winning matches.

Dragonknight yields the widest ratio of success out of every class, and is much more forgiving.

The OP didn’t ask what our favorite class was, because my answer to that is Templar.

I did miss that part of what the OP is asking. Yes, in the right hands, the DK does very well but is not best for everyone.

To be fair the poll is too convoluted to be of any value since it asks too many questions for the results to have any meaning.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I play all classes except necro, and they're all fun for me. I expect to enjoy the Arcanist too.

Exactly.

…Which class is best or king is not relevant to the question as the question is more about what we like to play the most.
    I've been wondering… Which class is the best in PvP, dungeons, and/or PvE...

It’s simply Dragonknight in every area except for Healer. Because the class is best at more things than anything else, it’s the obvious answer to that portion of the question.

If you’re regarding the first half of the question…
    I've been wondering which class is so far the most awesome, fun, playable, creative, and enjoyable to play…

It depends on your values. “awesome, fun, playable, creative, and enjoyable to play” for me, is synonymous to clearing content, supporting my teammates, and winning matches.

Dragonknight yields the widest ratio of success out of every class, and is much more forgiving.

The OP didn’t ask what our favorite class was, because my answer to that is Templar.

I did miss that part of what the OP is asking. Yes, in the right hands, the DK does very well but is not best for everyone.

To be fair the poll is too convoluted to be of any value since it asks too many questions for the results to have any meaning.

It's literally one question, with a detailed description and an extra request to expand on your answer.

And the answer is Warden
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer (Magsorc specifically) is definitely a weaker pvp class now (along with necro & templar), but I actually feel a sense of accomplishment when I do well on it, despite having to outplay a DK or NB by landing 4 skills to their one.

I get zero enjoyment from beating other classes on DK or NB. Things are just too imbalanced right now.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Mesite wrote: »
    Androrix wrote: »
    I know if.

I would be more into Warden if the abilities weren’t Vvardenfell themed.

As a mystic, you should be calling local animals to fight with you, it’s very immersion breaking to summon Shalks or Cliffracers to aid while exploring any Non-Dunmer homeland.

If the warden class was developed in Vvardenfell then it makes sense that all wardens would learn the same skills, to be passed down to their apprentice wardens. The Dragonknight doesn't change its skills depending on which zone they are playing in, neither should the warden, in my humble opinion. Otherwise it would lose it's uniqueness.

Another class could be created that uses other animals. Some sort of ranger, maybe.

A ranged Warden is ESO’s Ranger, as a tank Templar is its Paladin, and a melee Dragonknight is your traditional Warrior.

There are six major schools of magic in Elder Scrolls…
    • Destruction
    • Restoration
    • Illusion
    • Alteration
    • Conjuration
    • Mysticism

Each of our current six classes pull from a primary school with flavors of others.

In Tamriel there are two ways to obtain creature pets, Conjuration and Mysticism.

Conjuration involves Daedra, and summoning them from their respective Planes, like Sorcerer, or raising the dead like Necromancer.

Mysticism is calling nature to aid you, which is the entirety of Warden.

If you’re calling upon nature to aid you in Summerset, where did the Cliffracer, Shalks, and Fetcherflies come from?
  • CardinalJack
    CardinalJack
    ✭✭
    I put other as I don't truly enjoy any class. I can play them to be certain, but I do not enjoy them. If I had to pick one, it'd be ether DK or Warden.