The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What's your favorite group size for combat?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Above

What's your favorite group size for combat? 47 votes

23% 11 votes
23% 11 votes
29% 14 votes
6% 3 votes
12+
2% 1 vote
Other
14% 7 votes
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 players + 6 companions. The 2 new ones will be sure it's all unique.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked 4 because I do Bgs a lot. Anything between like 2 or 8 is good though. Not important to my pride or style to avoid big groups-- had years of fun with it-- but I'm grateful not to have those voices in my head anymore and I don't see myself going back.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be the loneliest number, so I try to keep it company.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2-4 is about right, sometimes up to 6 or as low as 1 depending on what the fight calls for and what I feel like doing, but generally 2-4 is a good spot.

More than 6 and too many just don't listen/work with the group or it just becomes someone yelling press this button now, press that button now, etc, either way it gets frustrating/boring very quickly.

Going solo (in pvp at least) is also getting much, much harder than it used to be with the game having basically nothing but faction stacks and ball groups currently.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    It may be the loneliest number, so I try to keep it company.

😜 So 12 strangers?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2v2's have always been my favorite in every MMO.
    PC NA
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Why?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends on what i feel like lol

i think 6 or less is a little easier to manage, because its sometimes a hassle to get 12 people together for a trial
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why?

Are you asking why I like 2v2 competitive arenas, similar to WoW 2v2's? Less chaotic, more controlled. 3v3 and especially 5v5's rely way more on other people and I don't like that. I'd prefer 1v1's if there was an official duel system with dueling maps, achievements, leaderboards, etc. But for group PvP, 2v2 is most enjoyable for me.
    PC NA
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why?

Are you asking why I like 2v2 competitive arenas, similar to WoW 2v2's? Less chaotic, more controlled. 3v3 and especially 5v5's rely way more on other people and I don't like that. I'd prefer 1v1's if there was an official duel system with dueling maps, achievements, leaderboards, etc. But for group PvP, 2v2 is most enjoyable for me.

Maybe we could have designed dueling areas with special effects like traps and stuff?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?

Maybe we could have designed dueling areas with special effects like traps and stuff?

elinhir private arena house kind of already fulfills this lol

but the problem is someone has to own this house, and it only supports a max of 24 people at once, and it doesnt solve the "group duels" (anything more than 1v1) dueling problem
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 for Cyro

Edit
    for PVE for Dungeons max 4 players with max 6 incl companions

Edited by hrothbern on 24 March 2023 18:58
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2. I like duoing content with my wife, and we can do most stuff with just the two of us (aside from trials). There are a few dungeons that are a bit too hard on vet, in which case we can bring in a healer or tank (depending on which one we're missing), but otherwise we can duo any content in the game that isn't a trial no problem.