The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it just me or does the RNG seem off when it comes to the tavern cards?

Fugus
Fugus
✭✭✭
By that I mean that it just seems to favor specific decks at a time.

Have had a game where 4 out of every 5 cards was Pellin for the first half of the game and I think the main reason why it finally changed was me and the computer bought them all and there wasn't any left it could draw.

Had one where it had the Crow in it and went 10 straight turns from the start of the game where not a single Crow card was dealt.

It just seems to pick a deck and favor it or another and avoid it like the plague. Just not so random.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My experience of late is the absolute delight of, say, my opponent picking Crow and then all the Crow cards pop up in the Tavern on their turn not mine. Or Pelin being picked and the Armory card pops on their 6 gold turn first instead of mine, followed by all the other Pelin power cards. So I end up in Ranked match after match that is weighted against me from the start. And judging by my horrid losing streaks, I am clearly not capable enough to overcome this when the opponent gets All The Cards, so the Tavern has left me quite frustrated as of late. Even picking Rahjin to try and battle what I know is coming often results in the opponent just spamming the Bewilderment button, so I'm starting to feel like ToT's official ranked butt monkey at this point. Just here to make everyone else feel great about themselves.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13