Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skyrim Housing Style

fromerop
fromerop
Soul Shriven
Could ESO have housing similar to Skyrim? Why not? I would love to have containers to store all my loot and be able to display my gear to be admired. Also the ones that are common or duplicates could be place for sale, or give them as a gift. How many ESO players have played Skyrim? I feel housing has no purpose in ESO, Plying in Skyrim I feel like in a house I could bake bread, sleep in a bed, build containers, name containers to store specific gear and so forth. As it is now it is pointless to loot because nice things have to be sold or dropped because there is no room for storage. I left playing ESO; because, I have been Playing Skyrim again and other games. Nowadays, I just log into ESO to collect the daily gift. I will Play ESO again when housing have a purpose to store my stuff. That will do some good for game immersion.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of sleepable beds, esp. if they gave some sort of very minor buff. I think it would be great to have a small number of harvestable provisioning/alchemy nodes. Not enough to break the economy, just enough to make housing more fun.

One idea that I think they could do: those quest rewards and delve boss unique named pieces that people love because they have story, but are practically useless otherwise- they could be replaced by corresponding furnishings, perhaps. They could perhaps give us racks or wall mounts we could use in our houses to display them as trophies, I think that would be really cool. Given that those unique weapons/armours don't really look any different than those that are already observable in the world, they wouldn't need new art assets or anything.

I really like your storage container idea. Its a bit of a shame to get these "unique" containers that don't really fit in with anything, and meanwhile have all these non-interactable cupboards and barrels that can't be used. I guess ZOS could be hesitant to add more storage, though, given that server pressure seems to be a concern. In lieu of that, I'd honestly buy container "skins" that made my current containers look like the cupboards or barrels we already have. Nothing fancy, just crying out loud to store stuff in a basic barrel furnishing or chest of drawers.

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's an mmo, so your storage space is a server space. That's the reason everything is limited and inventory space in particular making a problem they can sell a partial solutions for via ESO plus. You actually can have around 8 storages if I remember correctly overall nowadays and surely can bake there also, so as limited as it is you kinda can work around it's mmo nature if willing to do so.