The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Runecarver's Blaze + Radiant Glory

merpins
merpins
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As the title suggests, I'm here to ask does Radiant Glory proc Runecarver's Blaze?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theoretically, since that skill is 3 ticks dot, though i dont know how beneficial it would be

if your using this skill in execute, your single dmg ticks are like 40-60k dmg (or more) and runecarver would only add like 1500 extra dmg on the last tick (at least in PVE land)

were you thinking of this more for pvp to add that extra burst of dmg when jesus beaming someone?
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theoretically, since that skill is 3 ticks dot, though i dont know how beneficial it would be

if your using this skill in execute, your single dmg ticks are like 40-60k dmg (or more) and runecarver would only add like 1500 extra dmg on the last tick (at least in PVE land)

were you thinking of this more for pvp to add that extra burst of dmg when jesus beaming someone?

Interesting question. I doubt it would be very noticeable against low health targets, especially compared to something like Deadly Strikes multiplying beam damage. I'm seeing Runecarver ticks averaging about 5-6k in trials.

The main effect I'd expect is that with Runecarver you would want to start beaming earlier. That's basically another 5-6k damage per cast on your execute spammable (2.5-3k DPS) and Runecarver does not affect Shard spam or jabs/sweeps. This could mean first beams begin around 45% instead of 43%. I don't think Runecarver gives enough damage to beam at 50% or above (although maybe if combined with Deadly Strikes, Thaumaturge and Deadly Aim).
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting question. I doubt it would be very noticeable against low health targets, especially compared to something like Deadly Strikes multiplying beam damage. I'm seeing Runecarver ticks averaging about 5-6k in trials.

The main effect I'd expect is that with Runecarver you would want to start beaming earlier. That's basically another 5-6k damage per cast on your execute spammable (2.5-3k DPS) and Runecarver does not affect Shard spam or jabs/sweeps. This could mean first beams begin around 45% instead of 43%. I don't think Runecarver gives enough damage to beam at 50% or above (although maybe if combined with Deadly Strikes, Thaumaturge and Deadly Aim).

5-6k sounds about right, i was just going off of what the tooltip was without really any buffs running

im assuming later in execute when people are hitting 60-80k dmg per tick on the beams, the extra 5k dmg would feel like a drop in the bucket, but also assuming it would still add up if you had your other dots running, at least from the pve perspective

i posed the pvp question because the OP did not indicate if the use case was for pvp or pve
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t want to hijack the thread but I was wondering if Runecarvers worked for ground target dots too. Like wall of elements or twisting path. The set just says dots, but ground targeted dots don’t attach themselves to a target so I wasn’t sure if the set tracked the third tick of these types of dots.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I don’t want to hijack the thread but I was wondering if Runecarvers worked for ground target dots too. Like wall of elements or twisting path. The set just says dots, but ground targeted dots don’t attach themselves to a target so I wasn’t sure if the set tracked the third tick of these types of dots.

it should work on anything considered a dot that does at least 3 ticks, regardless if its ground or sticky
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master