The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Export My Furnishings?

Whisper_292
I was wondering if there was a way to export the list of furnishings in my houses, either with Housing Hub, Deco Track, or something else. I have a lot of houses with a lot of furnishings, and Deco Track is great, but it would also be great to have something in my hot little hands like a spreadsheet or something.

Best Answer

• PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like this feature too, but I cannot find a single addon to do this.

I can point you in the right direction that will give you an output file (in .lua file) that you can use. If you are a database programmer then you can create an user-friendly interface, I am not or I would have done so already (anyone!!?).

There are two programs that you can use to collect your furnishing data. The more useful of the two is Essential Housing Tools (EHT). This program creates a backup of every house you own (you must visit each home to trigger the save). Under the 'savedvariables' folder the file EssentialHousingTools.lua contains all this information: name of house, all furniture items and positional information for each item. But very user unfriendly, well as it suppose to be for a database!

The second program is Data Extractor (DE). This program is less useful, but the information is readable compared to EHT, which used all number codes. DE gives a dump of every item, but does not sort it by house or anything, just a list of what you have.

A third program, InventoryInsight, does have housing data in their addon description, but it is not implemented. Hopefully they will see this message and continue to work on this feature.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if ESO Database would do this....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Whisper_292
    @PDarkBHood This is great! I have EHT and am pretty well versed (it's one of my favorite addons), and I have a basic programming app I'm looking forward to trying out. If I get something put together that I can publish I'll do so. If I was looking at the right thing, Data Extractor looks pretty cumbersome, but it's still an option, so I'll hold onto it.

@Nestor Is ESO Database an addon? I didn't see it in Minion, but it seems like I saw something about it in one of my guild servers on Discord. The word "database" makes me happy, so definitely point me in that direction, too.

Thank you both for the help!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a website that gathers all your information.

https://www.eso-database.com/en/

You can download the client from esoui.

I also use Inventory Insight for cross character inventory. It seems like it now gathers house inventory. Although that could be related to the Housing Hub Stuff. I doubt it exports.
    Edited by Nestor on 21 February 2023 02:35
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inventory insight does keep track of all furnishings in all your houses

in the filter you can specify a specific house even or "all houses"

then hovering over an item on the bottom of the tooltip tells you where the item is located (which house or character)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭

then hovering over an item on the bottom of the tooltip tells you where the item is located (which house or character)

Interesting, I tried Inventory Insight last week and could not get any furnishing under the furnishing's tab. I am using the most current version too. How did you get yours to work. Maybe I have too many houses (I have lots, like lots!!!).
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PDarkBHood wrote: »

Interesting, I tried Inventory Insight last week and could not get any furnishing under the furnishing's tab. I am using the most current version too. How did you get yours to work. Maybe I have too many houses (I have lots, like lots!!!).

i have like 71 houses lol

you might have to actually visit the house at least once for it to register in the addon (kind of like if you freshly installed it and then you would have to log in each character to register those toons bags)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got Inventory Insight to work. My bad, you have to go into the addon settings and click the button to include the housing part, it is not on my default. Works fine and is pretty good. Like Necrotech_Master said you do need to visit each house for it to record the data, sometimes you may need to reset the individual houses as it misses recording the occasional house. It also saves the data in the SavedVariable folder.