The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What zos doing with the balance in game...

GrimStyx
GrimStyx
✭✭✭
gup58gbq9jp7.png

Boiled, but, it's just unbearable, they introduce broken meta items (Sea-Serpent's Coil), for those who buy the chapter, buff an already extremely strong DK class, I wonder if they generally play more or less seriously in what they are working on, or is this some kind of cunning plan. I understand that marketing, you need to sell a chapter and so on, but breaking so hard an already shaky balance for the sake of buying a chapter is a brute attitude towards your players

[Edited Title for Bashing]
Edited by Psiion on 19 March 2023 02:02
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha I bet somebody met a mechanical acuity dk with corrosive ultimate up in IC and is not happy getting deleted by this one-trick pony.
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha I bet somebody met a mechanical acuity dk with corrosive ultimate up in IC and is not happy getting deleted by this one-trick pony.

well, this is probably the reason to remake this corrosive armor, and introduce its analogue in the form of a set, so that it is available to everyone, and in order to do this, you would lose a lot in defense or sustain by putting on an additional acurity set, and not running around with canned food and mow down everything you see. There must be some weaknesses in such players that can be countered, maybe then dk will finally be balanced
    Edited by GrimStyx on 18 March 2023 14:22
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The publicly available form of Corrosive is arguably Onslaught (2H ulti). It was popular for a while. People with long memories may also remember that Corrosive was already nerfed, e.g. it only applies to direct damage these days, not DOTs.

I don't know whether anyone can balance this game, but I don't think ZOS have looked at PvP DK holistically in a while and been rather myopic in how they've applied certain buffs, such as Major Berserk on chains. Then again that's also available on Wrecking Blow now.

Outside of original Oakensoul time, Corrosive has never worked well in a duel and it still doesn't as far as I'm aware. It's an anti-zerg and noob killer skill. It has a sound cue. It's subtle, but I hear it as long as the sound doesn't crap out. Are you going to be caught out from time to time? Yes, but it's still a situational one-trick pony playstyle like Firmament says.

I don't agree that making a universal Corrosive equivalent is the way to go. I hate class identity getting eroded.

As to Corrosive DK weaknesses, start by backing off while Corrosive is up, letting their ulti go to waste. Next are skills that do small amounts of damage and thereby fly under the Corrosive damage cap. Crushing Shock is an obvious one, as are DOTs, status effect builds, poisons and Flurry. From my experience as an occasional DK, being in Corrosive alone does not save you, if you are being hammered by the right build or by multiple players. It helps, but only in conjunction with LoS, blocking, rolling, healing, and so on.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can kite during the burst window with Race Against Time and other escape abilities.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 19 March 2023 01:11
    PC NA
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, run away and hope they dont just chain to you...counter
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    The publicly available form of Corrosive is arguably Onslaught (2H ulti). It was popular for a while. People with long memories may also remember that Corrosive was already nerfed, e.g. it only applies to direct damage these days, not DOTs.

I don't know whether anyone can balance this game, but I don't think ZOS have looked at PvP DK holistically in a while and been rather myopic in how they've applied certain buffs, such as Major Berserk on chains. Then again that's also available on Wrecking Blow now.

Outside of original Oakensoul time, Corrosive has never worked well in a duel and it still doesn't as far as I'm aware. It's an anti-zerg and noob killer skill. It has a sound cue. It's subtle, but I hear it as long as the sound doesn't crap out. Are you going to be caught out from time to time? Yes, but it's still a situational one-trick pony playstyle like Firmament says.

I don't agree that making a universal Corrosive equivalent is the way to go. I hate class identity getting eroded.

As to Corrosive DK weaknesses, start by backing off while Corrosive is up, letting their ulti go to waste. Next are skills that do small amounts of damage and thereby fly under the Corrosive damage cap. Crushing Shock is an obvious one, as are DOTs, status effect builds, poisons and Flurry. From my experience as an occasional DK, being in Corrosive alone does not save you, if you are being hammered by the right build or by multiple players. It helps, but only in conjunction with LoS, blocking, rolling, healing, and so on.

there are moments when it is not possible to respond to corrosion in time, the DK has a lot of control, and it is unlikely that he will give you the opportunity to just run away, and having thrown corrosion, he will most likely instantly give a stun and throw a set with skills, especially in some narrow locations, the only thing what pleases me, this change is vampire mist, a really good change, for which I can praise zos in this case, at least now I have the opportunity to kite dk and similar with broken burst builds, and not stand under the block and wait until they drain me of resources and kill, but the explosive damage was too high, he really deleted me in a microsecond while I held the block with 70% hp, even a good nb can't kill me with a burst if i react quickly, or at least he don't kill me so fast
    Edited by GrimStyx on 19 March 2023 08:09
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

I really don't have problems with many DK, at least the balance of the battle is felt, perhaps it's not the corrosive armor, but its combination with mechanical acurity, I didn't delve into the issue of building a broken build, if can call it that