The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions re: Mirri and Fighters Guild

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I already have Bastian as a companion (along with the permanent keepsake that can never be disabled!), and was considering getting Mirri also. I have a few related questions about this:
- once I unlock Mirri's keepsake, are both companions' keepsakes active, or are they somehow mutually exclusive? I know they're active even when the companion is not summoned, but I've never had more than 1 companion, so I don't really know exactly how this works.
- as a mage, is there any benefit in me doing the Fighter's Guild quests? I was considering doing these to give me another source of increased rapport with Mirri (the other big one being the Ashlander dailies).

Thanks all.
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a couple of FG Passives related to Daedra that are nice. Also, the Intimidation Passive is good. The Ultimate is nice to use it hits hard and regens fast.

You don't need to do any FG Content, just unlock the Skill Line and you level it killing undead, daedra and dolmens.

FG quests do unlock a crafting area for a couple of sets. The FG Story is fun, you get to explore a lot of Dwemer ruins and a couple areas that you can only get to with FG.

Bastion makes a good tank, I think Mirri is good healer (is she a Templar?)
    Edited by Nestor on 19 March 2023 00:56
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    - once I unlock Mirri's keepsake, are both companions' keepsakes active, or are they somehow mutually exclusive? I know they're active even when the companion is not summoned, but I've never had more than 1 companion, so I don't really know exactly how this works.

Both keepsakes will be active at the same/all times, however it's different activities that can trigger their bonus rewards.
    Answer ✓
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get all the perks of unlocked companion keepsakes, regardless of how many you have.

I would say it's worth doing the FG dailies for Mirri's benefit, since rapport can be a slog otherwise. Whatever boosts you get to your character's skill line would be a side benefit that you may or may not make use of depending on what you think of the skills.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Answer ✓