The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, New Scribes of Fate & Necrom Wallpapers

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
92nec6hagb7y.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for, "Bring The Shadow Over Morrowind To Your Desktop Or Device With These Wallpapers"

"We’re celebrating the beginning of the Shadow Over Morrowind adventure by sharing new Scribes of Fate and Necrom wallpapers."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 23 March 2023 14:22
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've been using the main chapter art as my screensavers for 2 years now, i was happy to see this post come out.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know the right place to post this so...
    Thank you ZOS, for the daily reset timers update, this was one of the best fixes I've experienced so far. Real quality of life increase!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aorys wrote: »
    Thank you ZOS, for the daily reset timers update, this was one of the best fixes I've experienced so far. Real quality of life increase!

Except the previous 20 hour timers (Cyrodiil Conquest missions, Imperial City daily coffers, Dark Brotherhood rewards, and mount training, etc) have been extended by 4 hours each.

Whereas mount training used to take a minimum of 3600 hours per character to complete, it now takes 4320 hours. The opposite of a quality of life improvement, in my opinion.

Edited by Jaraal on 16 March 2023 05:54
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Except the previous 20 hour timers (Cyrodiil Conquest missions, Imperial City daily coffers, Dark Brotherhood rewards, and mount training, etc) have been extended by 4 hours each.

Whereas mount training used to take a minimum of 3600 hours per character to complete, it now takes 4320 hours. The opposite of a quality of life improvement, in my opinion.

Most players have a healthy and regular sleep routine, I believe.
    Edited by Aorys on 16 March 2023 13:48
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The media page is interesting. Those wallpapers are pretty nice. I'm a bit surprised there's already concept art that gives a few hints, but the sets look pretty cool.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most players have a healthy and regular sleep routine, I believe.

I believe you may be right. However, due to my schedule, I only missed one or two 20 hour interactions per month. And I'm quite certain I'm not the only one.

It's a moot point though. ZOS decided to make things tougher/more drawn out, and there's nothing we can do about it. Those who wanted to open rewards or train their mount every 24 hours have always had that option. Those who liked doing so every 20 hours and wanted to achieve max mount passives within five months are just out of luck (unless they want to buy riding lessons in the Crown Store.)

Edited by Jaraal on 16 March 2023 17:22
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure if this is the right place to post THIS, but after the latest update came out (and before on the PTS) I’ve been noticing that some of the new artwork we see while the game is loading that some of the individual’s heads are cut off. Right now I’m remembering Naryu and who I think may be Lyris. The culprit is this black smoky looking border that appears along the top and bottom of the picture during the loading process. Is this just my computer or is it happening to everyone?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I’m not sure if this is the right place to post THIS, but after the latest update came out (and before on the PTS) I’ve been noticing that some of the new artwork we see while the game is loading that some of the individual’s heads are cut off. Right now I’m remembering Naryu and who I think may be Lyris. The culprit is this black smoky looking border that appears along the top and bottom of the picture during the loading process. Is this just my computer or is it happening to everyone?

No, it's everyone. I noticed it, too. Took me a while to figure out that it was Lyris. The close up framing of her torso is rather... disturbing.

Edit: Here's an internet screenshot of how it looks, however, on my own screen you don't see any of her neck and chin..... just armor. And Naryu(?) is worse.

lyris-looking-great-on-the-new-loading-screen-v0-1sb24x23tina1.png?auto=webp&s=eec81acc4a4463fecc70e0a79b50008d2f23c723
    Edited by Jaraal on 17 March 2023 00:08
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's everyone. I noticed it, too. Took me a while to figure out that it was Lyris. The close up framing of her torso is rather... disturbing.

Edit: Here's an internet screenshot of how it looks, however, on my own screen you don't see any of her neck and chin..... just armor. And Naryu(?) is worse.

lyris-looking-great-on-the-new-loading-screen-v0-1sb24x23tina1.png?auto=webp&s=eec81acc4a4463fecc70e0a79b50008d2f23c723

Thanks for the screenshot! I’m glad to see it’s not just me. I think they just didn’t account for those black borders when they created these new slides.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the screenshot! I’m glad to see it’s not just me. I think they just didn’t account for those black borders when they created these new slides.

This is actually an older artwork, from the Greymoor prologue release.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How odd! I can honestly say I’ve never seen the screenshot during loading until after the recent update, and I play every day.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How odd! I can honestly say I’ve never seen the screenshot during loading until after the recent update, and I play every day.

Well you said you thought it was a new slide, but the art has been around a while.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57853
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    qz2y4vnti5t1.jpeg

Great wallpaper