The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Walk-in Freezer or Refrigerator?

LadySinflower
LadySinflower
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello! I'm trying to build a kitchen in Daggerfall Overlook in that room to the left on the first floor. The room is not square; it's like half of an oval. I want to add a walk-in freezer or a refrigerator. Not a huge one, but I'd like to be able to open the door and step into the freezer. I'm on Xbox NA. Has anyone on my platform built one, and if so can you let me come to your house and check it out? I'd like to know how you built it, what parts you used, etc. If you're not on Xbox NA, would you mind showing me a picture here and telling me what pieces you used? My GT is ShadokatPH66 if you'd like to message me in game. Thank you!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately you missed the clockwork door last week which opens vertically. Aside from that there are large ventilation fans you could put on the ceiling, pipes running from wall to wall, and use mist or fog near an exit pipe to show motion of colder air being pushed into the room and on the floor. I would use shelves and boxes filled with produce lining the walls and hanging meat near the back.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit bigger scale than you're describing but I did a walk in fridge in Thieves Oasis.

prhzr23nyhzk.jpg

The most useful thing, i found, for making it feel right was ice. I also used big clockwork fans to make it look like it had ventilation. I used a tapestry for the door (there weren't many working doors when I did it and the entrance is irregular so a door would have looked weird anyway).

The cabinets are clockwork wardrobes if I remember rightly.

I don't know what all the bits are called specifically but https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/furnishings-by-category/ will help.
    Edited by Northwold on 17 March 2023 21:05
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Northwold Are you on Xbox NA? If so, will you mail me a link to your house so I can see it in person? If you can't, that's ok. Thank you very much for the information! This looks absolutely incredible!
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @phaneub17_ESO thank you for all of the information! Clockwork stuff does seem to go well when people make refrigerators. I'll see if anyone in my housing guild has an extra one of those doors that they might be willing to sell.
    Edited by LadySinflower on 18 March 2023 07:12
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Northwold Are you on Xbox NA? If so, will you mail me a link to your house so I can see it in person? If you can't, that's ok. Thank you very much for the information! This looks absolutely incredible!

PC EU sorry!!