The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you still play ToT?

• Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but not as often as I used to
    I might do a game or two every other week but that's it at this point. Assuming they continue to add more decks and rewards to it I'll revisit it here and there but that's all for now.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I absolutely play ToT, I still need to unlock Druid King deck, that will come much later, maybe when Necrom's deck is revealed I'll go for a 2x deck run and grab Galen+Necrom's deck, but absofreakinglutely do I still play ToT, one of my favorite card games to play online and I love the rewards it gives in ESO.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »
    I absolutely play ToT, I still need to unlock Druid King deck, that will come much later, maybe when Necrom's deck is revealed I'll go for a 2x deck run and grab Galen+Necrom's deck, but absofreakinglutely do I still play ToT, one of my favorite card games to play online and I love the rewards it gives in ESO.

It's a shame they made it so getting the decks is tied to beating the main quests because it means you can't just grab it real quick then work on the story in your own time
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    It's a shame they made it so getting the decks is tied to beating the main quests because it means you can't just grab it real quick then work on the story in your own time

I agree. It makes sense, but I also tend to get really excited for the new deck and end up rushing through the story quests. If you only had to do like the first story quest that would be much better.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Currently, the only additional deck I have is Red Eagle, since I haven't played through all of the High Isle quest content yet. But that hasn't stopped me from using the other decks. I think it's great that both sides get to use cards from all four of the decks that were chosen. :D
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    After the introduction of AWA I lost all motivation
    to play the real game - so ToT is all that is left for me :-(
    Edited by Oliviander on 15 February 2023 23:41
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Okay, I got a gold Tempering Alloy today from one of my coffers, so hopefully that means we do have a chance for Chromium Plating. But a chance for some rare trait mats would also be awesome. :)

I've gotten 3 Chromium Dust from a coffer before, so yes. Can confirm, you can get the dust.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Jusey1 wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Okay, I got a gold Tempering Alloy today from one of my coffers, so hopefully that means we do have a chance for Chromium Plating. But a chance for some rare trait mats would also be awesome. :)

I've gotten 3 Chromium Dust from a coffer before, so yes. Can confirm, you can get the dust.

Thank you for confirming that! Honestly, I think the rewards are pretty nice, even though the better rewards do tend to be rare-- as is fitting, I guess.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    4th option: even havent started to play it.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I still play, but I've never played it frequently. I tend to go through patches where I'll play a game a day, and then I don't play it at all for a while.

I'm playing to advance the non-game-matched achievements. Once I have the ToT achievements I want, I'll likely never play it again. Too much RNG for my taste, in terms of how the tavern works.
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, i got my achievements with the exception of the Ranked play ones as i have no interest in playing that mess.
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Played it a lot and really liked it for the first 3 months, but the ranking system should be reworked really.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Erishti
    Erishti
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    I just broke down and started playing it. The introductory quest hawker was so annoying I almost did not.

I enjoy Tribute as a time waster when I'm watching TV with the husband or otherwise don't have time to really get into dungeons or other content. I don't know that I'll put that much effort into getting the other decks, though. And I really wish there was a shorter timer for each move so I didn't have to wait for the ones running down the clock.

Still, easy way to get some extras, and I enjoy deck building games like this. It reminds me of one my husband and I play together, Legendary.
    "Kill your darlings."-- William Faulkner
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Kappachi wrote: »

At least with Necrom they made it so it's just a side quest, i got every single piece of Almalexia just naturally playing, except public dungeon one which i had to switch toons for (my fresh arcanist wasn't going to be able to solo public dungeon bosses yet xD) but that was a much better experience than getting the one for Druid King which I'm still... 3 fragments shy for.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    There needs to be an option for Never Have and what was ZoS thinking wasting time on this.
    Also, as this is in the ToT thread, you won't get a balanced group of respondents.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't buy High Isle so only recently got ToT and started off really liking it.

As a card game it's mostly fun. It's also a nice compromise that is kind of PvP but not ESO's typical PvP (which I hate -- i solo everything) that allows you to get transmute crystals. So in that sense I think it was a really good move by ZOS. I know that a lot of players think "this has no place in an MMO" but, actually, it quite obviously does. Just for a different kind of player.

BUT: the crow deck. I'm so sick of people picking the crow deck I'm close to quitting TOT. It's completely unbalanced and ruins every game, even if you win it, because players have effectively no choice but to pick crow cards whenever they come up. With most other decks (druid is possibly the exception that can raise similar issues of getting absurdly overpowered) there are multiple strategies available and you can win multiple ways. With crow in play it becomes desperately tedious and actively irritating.

I would like to see each player able to veto one deck before patron selection at the start (where that doesn't mean players end up with a choice of fewer than four in total, obviously).

TLDR: Every game I play without the crow deck is a fun game whether I win or lose. Every game I play with the crow deck makes me want to ditch the game a little more.
    Edited by Northwold on 7 August 2023 10:47
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to play a lot back when the rewards were worth it, right now I'm just playing it to get the Cpt. Kaleen houseguest and then never touching it again. Generally speaking, being constantly *** by the RNG is not really my idea of fun, and unfortunately that's what it often boils down to. Just today I played 5 games and didn't get to go first even once.
    PC EU
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Selected no , the time it takes to learn and experience seems to be a complete waste of time and resources imo

I don't like that a card game is inside an mmo
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    For me the answer is yes, more so than the first year actually, because they, sadly, started putting rewards behind it that I want (furnishings/furnishing leads).

The horrible droprates are actually making me resent the game; 1.5hr of playtime solely to the card game dailies on 3 characters, every day, the past two weeks. A month ago I worked on it for a week.

Only one inkwood box and 2/10 Captain Kaleen fragments out of 40 purple boxes and 120 green. :)

I'll probably keep trying for another week and then stop. I want to play a TES MMO, not a card game.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Northwold wrote: »
    I didn't buy High Isle so only recently got ToT and started off really liking it.

As a card game it's mostly fun. It's also a nice compromise that is kind of PvP but not ESO's typical PvP (which I hate -- i solo everything) that allows you to get transmute crystals. So in that sense I think it was a really good move by ZOS. I know that a lot of players think "this has no place in an MMO" but, actually, it quite obviously does. Just for a different kind of player.

BUT: the crow deck. I'm so sick of people picking the crow deck I'm close to quitting TOT. It's completely unbalanced and ruins every game, even if you win it, because players have effectively no choice but to pick crow cards whenever they come up. With most other decks (druid is possibly the exception that can raise similar issues of getting absurdly overpowered) there are multiple strategies available and you can win multiple ways. With crow in play it becomes desperately tedious and actively irritating.

I would like to see each player able to veto one deck before patron selection at the start (where that doesn't mean players end up with a choice of fewer than four in total, obviously).

TLDR: Every game I play without the crow deck is a fun game whether I win or lose. Every game I play with the crow deck makes me want to ditch the game a little more.

Almalexia is a good counter to the crow deck, do almalexia+rahjin and you'll completely block your opponent from using crow.
  • quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    The reward vs time ratio doesn't work for me, but I still play once in awhile