The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tempest Island - a not so great experience if you're not able to keep up with rush groups

• Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    ZOS needs to fix the rushing/fake role dungeon experience ASAP. They are losing many players because of these bad experiences.
    they aren't losing anybody because of it. And if that is the reason why somebody quits playing chances are they would have found another reason to stop playing as well.
    For veteran players it may seem like that, but when a player is new to a game and has a horrible experience, they leave. I would leave too if my first group experience was that horrible. New players or players trying the game are not as invested in the game as we are, they quit more easily. Who knows how many players who have tried the game have already quit because of these issues. Who knows how many players have stopped queueing because of these issues. Players who otherwise maybe would have stuck around, and would maybe have used the crownstore.

I get it, for veteran players who just want the rewards from dungeons, the dungeonqueue seems good the way it is. As they can rush/fake role. But for everyone else, this is not good! For the game itself, this is not good.

So yes, these issues need to be fixed.
    Edited by Sarannah on 7 March 2023 16:34
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭

So can we also classify a dd that does only 10k dps a fake dd since we are talking about fake roles?

Not at all. Fake tanks and fake healers are lying. People with low DPS just have low DPS (because they aren't great at the game or because they are new). Not sure why that difference is hard to grasp.

• PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    Androrix wrote: »

So can we also classify a dd that does only 10k dps a fake dd since we are talking about fake roles?

Not at all. Fake tanks and fake healers are lying. People with low DPS just have low DPS (because they aren't great at the game or because they are new). Not sure why that difference is hard to grasp.

So I could just slot inner rage and just be a bad tank without lying?
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I could just slot inner rage and just be a bad tank without lying?

You would be surprised, if you knew how much more the guy with inner rage is welcomed instead of pokerfaced fake tank.
    Even if they die, I resurrect those guys as fast as I do for real tank so they could do their fair taunt work.
    Edited by Blood_again on 7 March 2023 17:02
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion is to not give up, keep plugging away. For every negative player there is a positive one. For example, I like to random normal with a high level toon. I often get paired with level 20's. Occasionally, I have been the healer, tank and dps all at the same time lol. I enjoy helping new players clear dungeons, because when I was a new player people helped me.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for going fast, but people should kill the trash they pull. Especially in normal dungeons, it's a few AoE skills while you run. Then you don't have to deal with the constant snares or someone getting focused down in the back. The players that just run past everything end up wasting more time crouching at doors while stuck in combat, it's faster to just clear the place.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for going fast, but people should kill the trash they pull. Especially in normal dungeons, it's a few AoE skills while you run. Then you don't have to deal with the constant snares or someone getting focused down in the back. The players that just run past everything end up wasting more time crouching at doors while stuck in combat, it's faster to just clear the place.

Louder for the people in the back. Blackheads Haven is the worst because I feel the "skip" takes longer than clearing normally.

On the topic of the thread though. Most of the base game dungeons have this awful feeling. Crypt of Hearts 1 also similarly have this step where you have to kill the Lich boss to get the last shard. If the group kill the last boss before that, the npcs don't spawn and you have to do the dungeon again.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skvysh wrote: »
    ZOS needs to fix the rushing/fake role dungeon experience ASAP. They are losing many players because of these bad experiences.

Fix how, exactly?
    There are multiple ways. Not being able to skip a bossfight, not being able to start a bossfight with less than 3 players, can't kill last boss unless all other bosses/most trashmobs before it are killed, joining encounter in progress, etc. There are probably more ways, and multiple ways combined at the same time to fix this. But there are many other threads with ideas on this (and fake roles) already. It just needs to get fixed. As currently the dungeonfinder is a horrible experience for lots of players, and for newer players these types of experiences could mean they will quit the game.

ZOS needs to fix it ASAP.

Don't let bad behaviour players like that stop you from enjoying the game, or from queueing up for more dungeons.

With the exception of joining encounter in progress, those ideas won't go down well because they punish premades who skip what they can to speed farm gear / daily rando (and pugs who agree beforehand to do this).

A better solution would be a separate roleless queue/ dps only queue/ speed farm queue because let's be real here, after your 100th+ run of a certain dungeon, you don't want to stop for skippable bosses and trash.
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    WySoSirius wrote: »
    High level here , OP I still make sure I have everyone keep up with me in any dungeon , I find alot of low levels doing the same with rushing through only to die and achieve nothing because they then have to wait for the rest of the group , I still know what it feels like to be a lowbie newbie so I have plenty of patience for new players if they do it right <3

Nothing worse than an unclean dungeon run

This is the kind of positive attitude I personally always to have when doing RNDs with low lvls. When I was a newbie I avoided RND's untill I could solo them . Entering last night on a low lvl character just proved to me I was right to avoid them when I just started this game.
    It just show to me how much of a indivualistic experience the game has become for many that it moves many players in group content to behave this way. 90% of the game is geared towards the solo player already and it shows. Exspecially as others noted sprinting past all the mobs end up taking way longer as you have to go back to kill the mobs anyway before you can enter the next area.

I just hope Zos noted the feedback and includes it on future QOL updates that could positivly improve the lowbie player experience.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The blue portal which will take you near the latest cleared boss is near the entrance of the dungeon.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--