The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Factions and Alliances?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello!

In PvP I have noticed some factions partner to take out the other faction ...basically 2 vs 1.
Is there is any historical significance to this? I don't see any.

Think it would be interesting if there was a campaign where your membership depended on your race?
I would like to see that?

Btw, where would Imperials be - I would think Ebonheart Pact.

Thoughts? Comments? Share!

Thanks,

Z
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your membership already depends on your race unless you buy any race any alliance. There does not need to be any lore reason for player decisions like purple/green/orange(?) team but I could see it happening as “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Your membership already depends on your race unless you buy any race any alliance. There does not need to be any lore reason for player decisions like purple/green/orange(?) team but I could see it happening as “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”.

But OP is asking about Imperials which are not ascribed to a faction.

OP Imperials in my opinion would be best paired with the Covenant or maybe to a lesser extent, the Pact. The Covenant are the ones who want to restore the Second Empire and return stability to Tamriel. The Pact wants to defeat the corrupt Empire and preserve the independence of its homelands, while the Dominion wants every province to be under Elven rule in order to protect it from the carelessness of the "younger" races.
    Really it'd be up to your Imperial and their idea of how the Empire was before the 3-Banners war started. Did they view the Empire as power-hungry and corrupt? Did they view them as the best choice to rule the lands, or do they think the Elves would fair better at being in charge?

Mine personally would go with the Covenant as Bretons and Imperials are similar in court politics (at least according to the lore), and the Covenant is my favorite of the 3 alliances.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OP Imperials in my opinion would be best paired with the Covenant or maybe to a lesser extent, the Pact. The Covenant are the ones who want to restore the Second Empire and return stability to Tamriel. The Pact wants to defeat the corrupt Empire and preserve the independence of its homelands, while the Dominion wants every province to be under Elven rule in order to protect it from the carelessness of the "younger" races.
    Really it'd be up to your Imperial and their idea of how the Empire was before the 3-Banners war started. Did they view the Empire as power-hungry and corrupt? Did they view them as the best choice to rule the lands, or do they think the Elves would fair better at being in charge?

Mine personally would go with the Covenant as Bretons and Imperials are similar in court politics (at least according to the lore), and the Covenant is my favorite of the 3 alliances.

The Imperial question was not the entire question. I just did not elect to answer that part because I thought it to be connected to “membership depended on your race”. Which, I believe, Imperials are placed with the Dominion. Lorewise, this is already answered in Cyrodiil and the Imperial City. Imperials to my understanding do not align with any of the 3 factions and there’s no reason they would be forced to.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

I am partial to the Pact because it is such a fragile Alliance, and a bizarre Alliance!
    I understand the preservation of individual homelands as well, that to me leads to stability.

Very interesting answer - thank you!