The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

An update to my Minion Replacement: One Click Installs and Automatic Updates

Garethp
Garethp
✭✭✭
I've posted previously about the extension I've been writing for Vortex, ESO UI Integration, that is meant to act as a complete replacement for Minion. Between the fact that it's built into one of the more popular mod managers around, being built on a platform that's getting active development and it automatically installing addon dependencies for you I was pretty happy with it.

But over the last couple of weeks I've been working on a massive update for it! With the new version, if you go into the "Downloads" settings of Vortex, you can enable automatic updates of ESO UI Addons! Whenever you open Vortex with ESO as your selected game, or swap to ESO from another game, it'll automatically check for and update any ESO Addons you've got installed!

And if that wasn't enough, if you install the Chrome or the Firefox extension, when you visit addons in esoui.com you'll see a new Vortex button next to the download button. Clicking this will open Vortex and install that addon (and it's dependencies) with no extra input needed!

I hope you guys like this, and I look forward to feedback
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 17 February 2023 18:54
  • Garethp
    Garethp
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's a bit of long-shot, but I saw that TESOnline tweeted out about Minion when it was first announced, so I've tweeted them directly to let them know about my replacement for Minion
  • Avantare
    Avantare
    Garethp wrote: »
    Perhaps it's a bit of long-shot, but I saw that TESOnline tweeted out about Minion when it was first announced, so I've tweeted them directly to let them know about my replacement for Minion

Have you heard anything from them as I'm on the fence about going from Minion to Vortex as I've used it since it was initially released.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the ADD-ONS & UI MODS section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
    I've installed Vortex and integrated your mod but the addons folder remain empty despite I have a ton installed with minion. How to make that thing find my addons?