The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What did you do during the Season of the Dragon event?

Sarannah
Sarannah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As I had quite some things which I wanted to do, I was wondering about what other players were doing during an event like this. So please post what you did during the season of the dragon event, and if you enjoyed yourself. Personally I managed to combine multiple things on my ESO to-do list with this event.

Here is what I did during the event:
Ofcourse I did the southern Elsweyr and northern Elsweyr dailies for the event tickets every day(only once per day, and no questsharing). And as usual I completed all the daily/weekly endeavours, though those weren't really event specific. In order to get more event coffers I had to think of a way to stay busy while being in the event zones. Which resulted in me questing through and completing Northern Elsweyr(100%) twice, on different characters. Same with Southern Elsweyr and 100% completing that zone twice, on two different characters. In total I played three different characters during this event, as on one of those characters I completed both of the zones. Two of those characters were given a third armory spec, which I leveled up by questing through the zones.
As I had the urge to farm even more event coffers, and was tired of questing, I had to figure out another way to stay out and about in the event zones. Those same three characters all had excavation/scrying at skill level 0, and I want all my characters to have those at atleast level 7. So there was my next aim! As I was leveling excavation/scrying on those three characters, I picked every node in sight. Allowing me the chance to farm even more event coffers(and some materials) at the same time. During the event I managed to make all three of those characters get excavation/scrying to level 7, so they can now spot treasure chests. Yay!

The only disappointing thing were the contents of the event coffers, which should have contained atleast some farming materials in my opinion. But the surveys were a nice, but rare, welcome drop. And maybe a bigger chance to get, and bigger amounts of, transmute crystals would have been nice. Though as a main tank it is easy to farm those anyways.

All in all, for me this was a very successful event. Which allowed me to build my characters up even more. Fun event, and I did enjoy myself!
How about you?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 7 February 2023 15:19
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scored all the World Bosses in both Northern and Southern Elsweyr on both my characters, while there were actually people at them to help me kill them (North Elsweyr world bosses have a tendency to be deserted when there isn't an event on, though South Elsweyr seems to be easier to get a group for - mainly because of the number of people who use South Elsweyr to chase Dragons, it being much easier than North Elsweyr since they spawn more often and are closer to wayshrines.)

(And yes, I use the addon that keeps track of Delve Boss, WB and Dolmen/Invasion completion on a per-character basis, because even with account-wide achievements I believe these things should be per-character).

Did the introductory quests for the Rithana-di-Renada (N Elsweyr) and Khajiit of the Moons Tapestry (S Elsweyr) fragment collections, on all characters. In the case of the former this also went along with completing the Tomb of the Serpents delve on all characters. Just so I could hand in all the fragments I collected in passing.

Got the entire set of seven new Style Pages.

Got 2 event tickets per day, spent them on the new annual morphable and on some Dawnwood Indrik berries (since I had the other indrik from the spring season already).

Unlocked the second pair of Dragonhold dailies, at Tideholm, on most of my characters (but not all - just didn't have the RL time to do that quest over and over.)

Killed so many Dragons that they are now classed as a protected endangered species.
    Edited by jle30303 on 7 February 2023 09:34
  • Rasoma
    Rasoma
    ✭✭✭
    I did the event once and once only as I never enjoyed the "chase me chase me" aspect of the dragons and the rewards had nothing at all which were of interest to me.

So the event was spent doing what I normally do in ESO - working on completing each and every zone. Killing delves bosses over and over and over again in the vain hope that I will get that antiquity lead (which still did not happen). Dailies and generally just enjoying the freedom that the game offers.
    @Rasoma - member since January 8th 2014
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually did what I normally do in ESO - both N and S Elsweyr dragon and WB dailies, the difference was that these were knocked over quickly :smiley: I did more farming than usual in Elsweyr - love these double node events! Moar please!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killed many dragons, especially in Southern Elsweyr. Collected many treasure maps and got some good leads. Decon'ed all the jewellery to get three more characters to 50 in that craft.

Got the Claw Dance style pages, and I might actually use the style this time.

Bought the pieces for the Dibella blossom and the first bit of the personality. Now I've tried out the personality on PTS I'm not sure I'll get the other two bits of it.

Generally had a lot of mindless fun running around, bashing stuff.
    PC EU
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    Bought the wrong set of upgrade items for the flowerpot pet or whatever it is called.

Not that I am ever likely to use that pet.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrapped up some NE achievements on my alt.

Farmed the **** out of vSS for those sweet sweet double drops (I was already done with farming gear on the dungeons involved in the event on both my accounts thanks to the last Undaunted event having double drops on the final boss which allowed me to focus on vSS). I even got the lead from SS on my main. It only took 19 runs total. Bargain.

Farmed all the rheum!

Dug out treasure chests aplenty, I even got a couple of Galen maps which enabled my alt to fail at getting leads \o/

Then farmed some more rheum.

Did I mention rheum?

Oh, also complete the SE and NE motifs on some on my characters. They were dropping nicely from the event boxes and the prices unsurprisingly crashed even further so I could get pages 'el cheapo'.

Every little helps when it comes to churning master writs :)

Edited by ApoAlaia on 7 February 2023 11:36
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did all the dailies for both zones on a newish character that skill needed some skills leveled and morphed. I also got the mummy cat parts from farming the necropolis place.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is fun reading all these, as it is the same event... but we all approach it so incredibly different!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the intro quest, one world boss daily in each map each day for tickets and occasionally killed a dragon for endeavours.

Events in this game generally don't interest me. I don't like farming and getting slightly more of the same stuff you can get all year round doesn't make it any more interesting so I used to skip most events entirely, only playing the ones which actually add things to do (New Life and the Jester's Festival basically). I'm currently doing a bit of them for event tickets but very few of the ticket items have been interesting to me since they stopped doing indriks so I'm scaling that back as well. I'll probably go back to skipping some events entirely.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent two weeks getting a new computer, then setting it all up. Happily, I started with 12/12 tickets and had about 4 days lefts when I got the new computer up and running ESO - works fine for me on Windows 11. Anyway, I did get the new flowery morpho pet.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did what I always do during events: ignore them completely.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did one quest in each zone to get the tickets. The dragon respawn is to slow for the event. Needs to act like Dolmens. I do the dragons though for all the bags and stuff you get. Terne and Iridium can be a pain to get, but after a day of dragon killing I'm deconning like 60 pieces and stocking up.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I killed like two dragons and went back to doing what I normally do.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did two sets of dailies in the North and South(two characters) everyday.

Thing I'm most happy about is my very small stock of Shimmering Sand is now suitably large and will build lots of lovely furniture! 🏗
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I am an achievement hunter, I took the event opportunity to progress towards the 30 daily quests both in N and S Elsweyr! And turns out it was quite profitable because I got a few tons of motifs! AND I grabbed the first part of the seasonal personality! I love these events! Did the same with the Skyrim celebration.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finished the stickerbook for the associated dungeons. Was already done with nSS (and will probably never do vDLC trials).
    I killed like two dragons and went back to doing what I normally do.
    Oh yeah, and I did exactly that. I don't do event tickets. I don't do events. There are too many events :D.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went and watched Avatar The Way of Water (over three hours long) while waiting on the Dragons in Northern Elswyer to respawn.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did the dragon quest in north and south elsweyr on the first day, decided it absolutely wasn’t worth it. Then for almost every day after I did nFV one or two times for the double drops. Forgot about Sunspire.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignored it. I'm never killing dragons again. I went into the event with 12 tickets and picked up indrik feathers or berries depending on account. I'm not interested in Dibella stuff, unless there's a house later - at which point I'll see what I want to do then.

I can get the rest of the tickets for the indriks during jeasters.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finished my stickerbook for Frostvault and Moongrave Fane. I now have a special and deep hatred for Frostvault because it absolutely refused to give me the Tzogvin gear I needed until the very last runs. The bow wouldn't drop, someone gave it to me, and then the dagger was literally the last piece to drop.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Events & Contests section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 7 February 2023 15:19
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe me or not - I have not killed a single dragon this event. Not because I am unable to, but because... I find this type of entertainment to be kinda um... primitive.

I mean what those dragons ever did to anybody to deserve such hate ? They did not even killed a single NPC. At worst, they just killed a critter. They just fly form place to place, trying to rest. They are tired, hungry and thirsty. Occasionally they even shout: Croissant !, or Tea, for me !... And what do they get ? People just gang-up on them. No wonder if you are alone and approach too close they will try to defend themselves.

I guess, the moral of this entire event should be this image below:
    eEKqIz6.png
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    After reading this thread I realised I messed up. I thought the Dailies were the same in Northern Elsweyr and Southern Elsweyr.

So I only did Northern Elsweyr Dailies and so only got 1 key per day.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WB quests in Southern Elsweyr are particularly easy because there are only two WBs and you don’t need to finish any part of the main quests to be eligible. There were other players waiting for those two bosses to spawn at any time of the day or night.

Dragons are easier to kill in the southern region too, if you’ve done the quests to be eligible. They spawn quickly, whereas the ones in N. Elsweyr take forever to spawn and lack nearby wayshrines. I did do both areas daily, but the north was far more of a pain.