The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Addon that disables wayshrine travel?

Anumaril
Anumaril
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know of a mod that disables wayshrine travel? When I turn off the map filter it also turns off houses and dungeons/trials, which I actually want to see. Also, when I activate a wayshrine they re-appear again on the map, making it possible to travel.

I understand that disabling the game feature of wayshrine travelling is impossible, but hiding them from the map (even when activating a wayshrine) would do the job for me.
  • Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    I understand that disabling the game feature of wayshrine travelling is impossible
    I think that's doable, I have an addon that disables interactions with seats, I can possibly do the same with a wayshrine, basically you will not have the wayshrine name, the keybind and the "use" text displayed and clicking on the wayshrine will do nothing (I mean in the 3D world).

So, playing without using any wayshrine is your goal here?
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint-Ange wrote: »

I'll test this out once the servers are back up. Thanks! :)

Yep that's my goal. I'm fine with using them while doing PvP/PvE content, but while doing world content like questing I want to be immersed in the world and be forced to use in-universe travel options like boats, portals, etc.
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I just tested now that the servers are back up. Looks like the addon is pretty outdated because the "Overwrite Show/Hide" part of the settings are greyed out without being accessible. However, even if it were to work, upon closer inspection of the mod settings it only would disable wayshrines on the Tamriel map, not on every map.
    I think that's doable, I have an addon that disables interactions with seats, I can possibly do the same with a wayshrine, basically you will not have the wayshrine name, the keybind and the "use" text displayed and clicking on the wayshrine will do nothing (I mean in the 3D world).
    I think I might try making an addon like this then. It'll have to be a project I work on over time though since my only ESO modding experience is with UI overlays haha

What mod is it you use to disable the access button for seats? Maybe I can work backwards from there.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    What mod is it you use to disable the access button for seats? Maybe I can work backwards from there.

It is an addon I made to avoid unwillingly entering dialog with companions and followers (you have to have a key pressed e. g. ctrl, and then click to do it), it also avoids interaction with seats and other things using the same code logic:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3273-LongPressCtrlToInteract.html
    You can reuse parts of the code to stop wayshrine interactions if you will.
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an addon I made to avoid unwillingly entering dialog with companions and followers (you have to have a key pressed e. g. ctrl, and then click to do it), it also avoids interaction with seats and other things using the same code logic:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3273-LongPressCtrlToInteract.html
    You can reuse parts of the code to stop wayshrine interactions if you will.

That's great, thanks! :)
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'll test this out once the servers are back up. Thanks! :)

Yep that's my goal. I'm fine with using them while doing PvP/PvE content, but while doing world content like questing I want to be immersed in the world and be forced to use in-universe travel options like boats, portals, etc.

did you says Immersed.... well I would like think that all addons you need would be here :

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/574549/immersion-addons-and-settings/

Except the ones for the companions since I have not gotten them yet.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons