Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are There Any Vet Trails Groups (PC/NA)

Zerodeeps
Zerodeeps
Who would let a CP 3150 player with no Vet Trial experience play with them?

My story: I played WoW from Vanilla to Cata, 4 1/2 years, and raided the whole time. That's all I want to do. But I've been playing ESO for almost 4 years and that seems to be off limits, unless you are willing to stand at a trial dummy and heavy attack with gear you won't even wear in a trial to get a number you can show to prove you know how to play the game....

I have Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Seeker, hard modes, but none of that seems to matter unless you apply like this is your job. And that's not something I'm ok with. But that has left me with nowhere to raid. Is this the game we all love? This game is way better than WoW. But the problems we face at the high end are not something the Devs have created. They are solely on the playerbase. And they won't be fixed unless we "get it".

But I'm not here to fight that fight. I'm just a raider trying to raid. Is there anyone out there who wants a good player to add to their raid team, without all the [snip] pretending you want good players but can't see one right in front of your face? If so, please message me!

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 6 February 2023 19:59
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just go to Craglorn and join vet trials in zone chat. They won't be the most organized, and will only clear half the time, but then you'll get some experience and achievements. Most won't require a prior clear for non-HM's, and your solo arena achievements should be enough to get an invite to older trials at least.

As for dummy testing, try not to heavy attack at all, and I'd recommend using trial gear and skill setups as much as possible. The one change you'll need to make is recovery food to simulate trial sustain buffs or you'll be out of resources quicker than in real content. Nobody takes dummy cheese setups seriously anyway, so no need to imitate them.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For PC/NA, here is a server unaffiliated with any guild- https://discord.gg/MDV8PxPe

This is the current welcome message that describes the server-
    hiyas! You just popped into the ERR server. Maybe you're running a trial, or maybe you've been yanked in by forces beyond your control...

No matter! Here's a bit of info about the server.

1. We're not a guild. We're a loose confederation of folks that love to run content in ESO.
    2. There's a lot you can do in ERR. Your first step, however, is to go to the role-assign channel and give yourself All the Roles! This will allow you access to more kewl stuff.
    3. If you want to run endgame events, either now or down the road, make sure to post your clears and parses in the appropriate channels.
    4. If your parse is on the lower side, post it in the low-parse-posse channel if you don't wanna put it in the big kid parse section. There's room in ERR for all types of players at all kindsa levels.
    5. Check out the FAQ's, look for whatever crazy program we're doing at the moment, use the voice chat if you need one for a run, and consider ERR your home.

We're kinda nice, sorta nuts, super inclusionary, and love playing ESO. Welcome. Glad to have you here.

The server attempts to be on the more casual side for raiding, with an option to join a prog group if you want more difficult content. Everyone in there except for from the PVP section were invited from Craglorn, so you'll find a very diverse array of folks. All trials run out of there require that people are in VC. As stated in the welcome message, it is not a guild, so this allows for more freedom in setting up or participating in trials- the standards are left up to the trial leader (some may require high CP, some require certain gear, some require certain clears). If you need help leading a trial, you need only ask.
    Edited by Dr_Con on 6 February 2023 09:06
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dps checks are important, being able to get spirit slayer, it is already proof of at least mediocrity.

• Zerodeeps
    Zerodeeps
    I appreciate the feedback but I think it's missing the point of my post. I'm 3150 CP. I know how to play the game. I don't do exp farm runs. I'm just someone that loves the game. AND* I'm not arguing that dps isn't important for vet trials. I have more gold than I know what to do with and don't believe in being carried. But the guilds I'm in will take a CP 300 over me because they do this audition process which consists of buying gear... literally, show us your gold gear sets and you can tank or heal. That's not indicative of skill in any way imo. But that's the state of raiding. A person who actually plays the game and is "mediocre", as you say, is worth 0 and not allowed to raid vet trials based on what they've done in game because of these rules. Nothing else is looked at. This is where I think the system is broken. But thank you to anyone who read this and, if there is such a group out there that looks at the whole player and wants another, please hit me up.
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, but, whilst yours is pretty damn high, the amount of CP someone has isn't a sufficient indicator of their capabilities and experience by itself. It's not a free VIP pass. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's run dungeons with really high CP players that are pretty damn awful at their role. I'm also sure not everyone actually demands a parse to let someone join their group (case in point, I don't in the trials that I run on PC EU).

I wonder if you're approaching the wrong groups, it sounds to me as if you'd fit in better on the casual and chilled end of the spectrum to begin with, and the way to get into those groups is often through friends, guilds and word of mouth.

Some people will see a refusal to parse as an attempt to cover up a bad one, though, so you could probably bang out a parse or two in the time you've spent writing this post and replies and then the whole thing'd be moot ;)
  • Zerodeeps
    Zerodeeps
    Honestly, I don’t play the game to parse on a dummy. If I’m just some number on a parse (that can be cheesed) I don’t want to be there. There’s no consideration for good players in this game, and that’s my point. I don’t even want to dps. I mostly heal and tank vets. And I’m not going to say I can tank something without being guided through it the first time. Do you guys get that by not seeing behind these arbitrary rules you are discounting real players that could add to the scene? It’s like some hurt people hurt people ish. When I tell friends I want to get into vet trials they strait clam up. It’s a world you’ve built to exclude real players. For probably several reasons, not all of which I’m judgmental about. But these are the facts.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you heal or tank, there's no reason to test DPS on a dummy. Most groups are desperate for those roles, and the only thing they require is certain gear. The sets used by tanks and healers are very important, as they are tightly coordinated and affect all 12 players.

As for CP's, they don't matter much. Some players get 2-3k just from doing writs and questing, and never learn the combat system. Others go straight into trials and perform well by 600 CP, ignoring all the activities that give higher experience gain.
  • Zerodeeps
    Zerodeeps
    I posted this, after much trepidation, because I care so deeply about the issue and because, after playing the game to 3150 CP, I have yet to find (gonna put this in quotes) “ANYONE” who is desperate for a healer/tank in vet trials. I have all sets. Literally, hit me up. I’ll keep bumping this until 3,600 CP so you know it’s true.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always an option to form your own raiding group. The raid leader sets the requirements for joining the raid and if you lead, you decide.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always know teams looking.

But, Idk. Something about your post is just.... off. The resentment is unappealing. You want to do trials but you don't want to apply?
    And you don't want to show your gear, but you want to be a support?

I'm just... confused.
    DPS should be prepared to show some form of dps marker, and yeah, if you want to run as healer or tank you do need to be in the correct gear, and that.... shouldn't be a bad thing.

My metric is always "If my team was 12 players all at the same skill level and capabilities as my lowest player, however it makes sense to calculate that, would we be able to clear?"

If you are not willing to work as a member of the team, it doesn't matter how high dps you are or how high your cp is or how many sets you have stickerbooked, team activities require everyone to work together, and from your post I question if you are willing to do that.
  • Zerodeeps
    Zerodeeps
    Not sure I understand you? Don’t want to show your gear? If it was that easy, it wouldn’t be a whole application process…. If you think I’m a troll… trust me, I wish that was the case. If you are thinking, how is it possible to be legit and get to that CP and nobody wants you, hit me up. If you think this “resentment@ is my personality, talk to me in voice chat. But this is a desperate cry for help! Does anyone need a raider? Because the people I’m with don’t give a ish!
  • Zerodeeps
    Zerodeeps
    Literally, no one has given me a chance. Just give me a chance. Someone. Please!!!!
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alright DM me and I'll send you some beginner friendly discords.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can just go to Craglorn and join vet trials in zone chat. They won't be the most organized, and will only clear half the time, but then you'll get some experience and achievements. Most won't require a prior clear for non-HM's, and your solo arena achievements should be enough to get an invite to older trials at least.

As for dummy testing, try not to heavy attack at all, and I'd recommend using trial gear and skill setups as much as possible. The one change you'll need to make is recovery food to simulate trial sustain buffs or you'll be out of resources quicker than in real content. Nobody takes dummy cheese setups seriously anyway, so no need to imitate them.

This.

And work on finding a casual guild that is active in raiding. Such a guild should have normal mode nights and nights with some of the vet trials. It is a plus if they have a group that does some of the more challenging raids if they do have requirements for participating.

Through such a group, you will likely find other guilds that are even more into raiding. As you get comfortable with ESO trials and prove yourself, then you will find better and better guilds to raid with.

That is how anyone with a strong interest in raiding will go about things, even if not trying to be top-tier. It will lead to a superior raiding experience than plugging, and you will meet in-game friends. I had to slow down recently as I was finding myself raiding far more than I wanted to.

Good luck and enjoy.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I sent a couple of discord links and OP hasn't used either of them, so
  • Zerodeeps
    Zerodeeps
    Wow. I said thank you for them. Was taking care of real life business… but thank you again