Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancer>buff?

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    While I agree harmony in pvp could/is somewhat abused so I can agree with those changes, BUT gutting graveyard? Why? Please provide one good reason to do so? It makes no sense.

I am 1000% all in on killing the harmony build. It was ridiculous and incredibly boring. However, it seems they forgot to buff Necro in any area after killing the only damaging pvp build Necro had going for it.
    Now, Necro will either be a troll tank build in pvp, a healer, or pure roleplay build.

But, pvp is only one area that Necro needs help. It is struggling in pve too, with its clunky skills and lack of buffs. Before, it was carried into group content by its major vulnerability debuff. Now though? I don't know.

Necro is broken on such a fundamental level, I think it will always be the clunky class, unless they rework blastbones from the ground up. Playing Necro then switching to Warden is literally like night and day. A very murky, sludgy night.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree harmony in pvp could/is somewhat abused so I can agree with those changes, BUT gutting graveyard? Why? Please provide one good reason to do so? It makes no sense.

Homogenizing every dot, spammable, and synergy to all do the same damage with a sprinkle of a different effect is the direction they want to take the game. Unfortunately that kills all semblance of class identity in favor or "play the way you want."
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I was going over the patch notes, I read about the changes to harmony first. Naturally, my mind went to thinking "well, I guess there are some nice buffs in store". Then I get to the class changes section and am absolutely dumbfounded! I actually read the section again, then refreshed my browser to see if there were any amendments.
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on 31 January 2023 20:03
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

I am 1000% all in on killing the harmony build. It was ridiculous and incredibly boring. However, it seems they forgot to buff Necro in any area after killing the only damaging pvp build Necro had going for it.
    Now, Necro will either be a troll tank build in pvp, a healer, or pure roleplay build.

But, pvp is only one area that Necro needs help. It is struggling in pve too, with its clunky skills and lack of buffs. Before, it was carried into group content by its major vulnerability debuff. Now though? I don't know.

Necro is broken on such a fundamental level, I think it will always be the clunky class, unless they rework blastbones from the ground up. Playing Necro then switching to Warden is literally like night and day. A very murky, sludgy night.

Why kill the harmony build completely? Like I said abusing synergies is one thing, but just throwing a whole play style in the trash for no apparent reason is beyond frustrating.

Ridiculous how? And boring how? Many ways to play harmony from your typical bombing build to a open world mech acuity, rallying/balorgh build, dswing/harmony build and finally a dot/harmony build all with which Ive had a lot of fun with.

Edited by BlakMarket on 1 February 2023 09:09
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like they don't want anyone playing necromancer in ESO with the way patches have been going.

Honestly seems like all 3 skill lines need major overhauls to actual be worth playing.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    We believe in the best. The necromancer received a buff only once when the stam scythe was strengthened. How many years received only nerfs. It's time for the necromancer to get at least something.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could be a fly on the wall in one of the game balance meetings.

I'd definitely have to resist laying maggots in the donut box in response to this change though if I were.

I'm not naive and expected changes to make arcanist more appealing but this was really heavy handed.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I'm too curious as to what bonkers broken stuff the arcanist will have to not at least give it a shot.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • godchucknzilla
    godchucknzilla
    ✭✭✭
    My necro is shelved next patch due to hamony and boneyard changes. There is nothing the necro can do better than any other class now.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Postponed until the hype around the new class subsides?? But even then I doubt it. This class needs to be rebalanced. Do not add general buffs that you can receive in any case, but give a unique and at the same time working gameplay. This class needs a major overhaul. But who will do it?? I lost all faith in developers after writing about problems for half a year. But they made it even worse. And so from year to year... I've played a lot of online games and this is the first time I've seen a class so useless. You literally don't use class skills..
  • Ghaleb
    Ghaleb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last year hasn't been good for the Necro overall. And my impression in addition is, that the skills got clunkier to use as well. At times my blastbones refuse to simply react - despite all other skills firing. And other times, they surprise me.

Casted Blastbones at a mob, turned around and moved towards the next group and engaged. Couldn't cast my Third skill with Blastbones again, realizing that the skeleton is again confused as to what to hit to only then notice just in that second (~4-5 after casting the initial skill), that my blastbones just were chasing past me to jump at another mob on the freaking oppisite side of the area.

Most casts are not as severe but that example really stood out. But meanwhile it is so very often, that blastbones is not every third skill I can cast, as it simply isn't ready by then. Which in turn translates to an even higher DPS loss over time.

With the current state of affairs, I'll probably scrape my Necro as well. Pretty sad state of affairs for the class.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I have been fighting for mag sorc buffs for a while now, which is justifiable. I have no idea why they just destroyed an entire playstyle without offering an alternative. Whilst I agree, the bombing style was completely overtuned and deserves to be eradicated. Offering no buffs or alternatives is a bit suspicious. Mind boggling, to say the least.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    undodgeable skulls is a very good idea. Makes sense for pvp, while no change for pve.

blastbones can have 2 charges and 5 seconds cooldown per charge. Basically same cast as now but u can pack two uses.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely need to buff Skeletal Arcanist. Hits more like a wet noodle and you don't really get much from it at all for picking it.

I really hope Necro gets some buffs/overhauls at some point. Seems to be struggling enough as it is, even before the boneyard nerf.
    Edited by Perashim on 7 February 2023 14:25
    Despair for the Living...
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a lot of fun with Resurrection builds, stacking up corpses and then firing off 4 blastbones at once, which is probably what I'll go back to after Harmony is killed. It was never meta, and only really good in small engagements (even BG numbers started to diminish the effectiveness as the BB get confused) but now I don't really see another viable option for magcro.

Rez builds feel very special to the class, since no other class can even do anything remotely similar
    Edited by ForumBully on 7 February 2023 14:23
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    monkiie wrote: »

Homogenizing every dot, spammable, and synergy to all do the same damage with a sprinkle of a different effect is the direction they want to take the game. Unfortunately that kills all semblance of class identity in favor or "play the way you want."

The problem with that is the "sprinkle of a different effect" is unfair, unbalanced, and does not reference the relative value of the effects.

The secondary effects on the Necro skulls spammable are meaningless compared to the secondary effects on concealed weapon, or major berserk on chains. The same applies for my sorc, warden, templar.

NB, for example:

- is faster and has more mobility than my stamsorc.
    - Has more % damage reduction than my necro
    - Has better healing than my necro
    - has more major buffs and debuffs, and better ones, than my warden, or any class really
    - has higher crit rate, and crit damage modifiers than my templar
    - Has higher % damage modifiers than any other class I play
    Edited by katorga on 7 February 2023 15:12
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skulls could be so much better, the Devs should talk to Voriak Solkyn he's been using them for a while. The skeletal arcanist can't be better than the living one, I get it. It also should not be an embarrassment to the new class coming out who shares the same profession.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were given a buff. Now synergy is reduced not by 47 percent but by 33 percent. already something.
  • Vanionator
    Vanionator
    ✭✭
    It would be great if ZOS were to change many of the Necros' skills. The class should be doing 10-20% more damage vs Undead(vamps, zombies, etc). The passive, Corpse Consumption, should apply to casting abilities on undead as well as corpses. Another change they could make is to Grave Grasp and it's morphs, instead of a path, have a circle with the radius starting from the caster. Empower could be changed to a heal and keep the maim, while Ghostly Embrace could still provide the minor maim, no heal, but the snare, immobilization and stun would be dependent on where the enemy is in the circle, have all effects or durations be doubled vs the undead. There are so many routes that the devs could go with.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanionator wrote: »
    It would be great if ZOS were to change many of the Necros' skills. The class should be doing 10-20% more damage vs Undead(vamps, zombies, etc). The passive, Corpse Consumption, should apply to casting abilities on undead as well as corpses. Another change they could make is to Grave Grasp and it's morphs, instead of a path, have a circle with the radius starting from the caster. Empower could be changed to a heal and keep the maim, while Ghostly Embrace could still provide the minor maim, no heal, but the snare, immobilization and stun would be dependent on where the enemy is in the circle, have all effects or durations be doubled vs the undead. There are so many routes that the devs could go with.

I doubt there will be anything. Over the past two weeks, fans of necromancers are tired of writing something and hope. But I would like to change one skill from the second branch so that we can absorb corpses by gaining stacks and activating the skill we launch a bone hand in the opposite direction and stun him. The animation is already there. Like the monster set and the skills of the NPC. I'm dreaming of a serious update, but most likely the necromancer will still receive an update, but no one wants to play it anyway.