The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pearls of Ehlnofey - do you guys like what they did ?

fxeconomisteb17_ESO
So they allow now it to proc at more remaining dominating resource, but with a lower power output - 3 ultimate.

I don't use this, but I was thinking to. However I don't like the change.

I would rather go in the opposite direction. Restrict resource level more - say 20% dominating resource for 7 ultimate

But how about - and I would propose this to Zenimax - a fluctuating level, starting at 50% with 3 ultimate and more ultimate as the resource goes lower - pretty much like the resistance on Pariah set.

What do you guys think ?
Edited by fxeconomisteb17_ESO on 3 February 2023 17:09
"Is it true her wounds healed on their own ? Yes" No s***, at 75% health regen penalty!

I was a vampire like you, but then I took an idea to the head...
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were two problems with the set.
    Needing to be under 30% of your dominant resource constantly requires extraordinary skill.
    5 Ult per second is a crazy amount of Ult to generate.

The result of the set how it was, was that it was providing a crazy good buff but only to the absolute best players in the game.
    ZOS has preached a move towards accessibility. This is an example of them actually practicing what they preach.
    They've dialed back the raw strength of the set (3 ult per second is still really strong) but widened the range of player skill that the item will be usable for.

Yes, on paper it is a nerf, but in practice if it makes running Pearls viable for your group (which it might!) it could end up being a pretty huge buff for the whole group (imagine groups running something like Pearls and Pillager's Profit on a Healer, and actually being able to keep Pearls up.)
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO
    Needing to be under 30% of your dominant resource constantly requires extraordinary skill.

The result of the set how it was, was that it was providing a crazy good buff but only to the absolute best players in the game.
    ZOS has preached a move towards accessibility. This is an example of them actually practicing what they preach.
    They've dialed back the raw strength of the set (3 ult per second is still really strong) but widened the range of player skill that the item will be usable for.

Yes, on paper it is a nerf, but in practice if it makes running Pearls viable for your group (which it might!) it could end up being a pretty huge buff for the whole group (imagine groups running something like Pearls and Pillager's Profit on a Healer, and actually being able to keep Pearls up.)

Yes, it makes it easier somehow, but if I want that low of an output I can just cast Vampiric Drain... And it heals too and gives more.

I still think the Pariah approach is better. Whoever doesn't feel skilled can attempt to proc at 50%, but why should it not give more at critical levels of the resource ?

Like:
    below 50% - 3
    below 40% - 4
    below 30% - 5
    below 20% - 6
    below 10% - 7
    Edited by fxeconomisteb17_ESO on 3 February 2023 18:31
    "Is it true her wounds healed on their own ? Yes" No s***, at 75% health regen penalty!

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it makes it easier somehow, but if I want that low of an output I can just cast Vampiric Drain... And it heals too and gives more.

I still think the Pariah approach is better. Whoever doesn't feel skilled can attempt to proc at 50%, but why should it not give more at critical levels of the resource ?

the other case you could be thinking about, that actually works very similar, is the asylum 2h

this gives a scaling amount of ult based on the execute scaling of your reverse slash (and morphs)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is that these higher scaling amounts are simply too much ultimate.
    Being able to easily pop a 500 ult Pillager's on cooldown, every time, is too strong.
    3 ult/sec is already getting there.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 3 February 2023 18:37
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO
    Being able to easily pop a 500 ult Pillager's on cooldown, every time, is too strong.

Sounds to me that the problem is Pillager's Profit then.

• acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds to me that the problem is Pillager's Profit then.

No, Pillagers is fine, it simply returns ult based on the amount of ult used, its the combined effect that gets silly. So it makes sense to target the part of the combined effect that is creating the ultimate in the first place.
    Also 5 ult/sec is also just simply too strong, as they noted in the patch notes.
    With no other effects giving ultimate, you can get to 500 ultimate in 100 seconds, its silly.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3 ult per sec also sounds a little better

theres already a good amount of normal stuff that gives ult, which is right around the same rate
    • 3 ult per sec from being in combat/light attack
    • minor heroism
    • major heroism
    • some racial and class passives
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO

3 ult per sec also sounds a little better

theres already a good amount of normal stuff that gives ult, which is right around the same rate
    • 3 ult per sec from being in combat/light attack
    • minor heroism
    • major heroism
    • some racial and class passives

Just delete Major Heroism. That was in Oakensoul 1.0...

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [Yes, it makes it easier somehow, but if I want that low of an output I can just cast Vampiric Drain... And it heals too and gives more.

Yeah it's why I stopped using Pearls the second I read about this in the PTS notes earlier this week. I get the same thing if I switch to another mythic and switch one skill. It changed nothing for me.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd LOVE to see it scale depending on your stat %.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf seems unnecessary because if a person can use their high skill they should be rewarded properly. But developers seems to want this set to be used by broader population. So for that they increased the threshold but to balance this they reduced the ultimate gain.

With proper setups this mythic item on live server allows you to generate up to 9 ultimate per second which opens a lot of doors.

For example you can generate 400 ultimate per 45 seconds and proc Pillager's Profit set with full potential every 45 seconds. You can generate 225 ultimate with a very short interval and spam Barrier, allowing high survivability to a group. Some other ultimate related things can be given as example.

So maybe the nerf is because of the aforementioned things.
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a cool change. I'm a big fan of all the balance/mechanic changes this patch (e.g. bar swapping no longer dropping block) that seem like they'd genuinely increase accessibility. I don't think sets that are only effectively utilized by the best performing players that are also incredibly strong are super healthy in terms of game balance. I think trying to mitigate the wide skill/performance gaps we're seeing at different levels of play is healthy for the game too.
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO
    Let's also add the fact that this generation per second is not exactly per second.

When you cast Exhilarating Drain, it really gives you 5 per second, for 3 seconds. You get 15 at the end of the 3 seconds.

With this, well, you lose cast time. Even for instant spells. Because it's animation time, and all of that jazz, it's far more than a second.