Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Change spirit battle for fun in pvp

Marcus_Justicia
I open this topic because I find that the pvp is too slow to be instructive and enjoyable.

in my opinion the damage received is too low and the fights in 1 against 1 are generally very long.
reduce damage mitigation in Fighting Spirit and Undead (vampire 30%).

increase individual care to compensate

these changes once well regulated the pvp would become more punitive but more attractive.

This will help classes like sorc which are mostly direct damage based.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree. I was doing some duels with some friends last night, I was on a PvE set up where I nuking my friends, (granted I got beaten up hard too, but fighting people on Series X while I'm on Xbox One isn't too far either) but when my friends fought each other, in PvP set ups they'd take forever to kill each other. Legit sat there watching them fight for 10 minutes straight. Only reason one would die is due to resources running out.

Wish PvP wasn't all about bursting people down or just sustaining longer. It's not skill based, it's number based. We had that in Ravenwatch but all Ravenwatch has become is just endless tanks that can't be killed. It's terrible.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only reason one would die is due to resources running out.

This is it right here. I'll say it. People take forever to kill because there's always another break free, another roll, another healing rotation. It's not damage or mitigation that pushes the stalemate meta, it is sustain and resources.

-increase ability costs in battle spirit environments

-nerf passive in-combat sustain in battle spirit environments

-boost active sustain such as heavy attacks game wide

-stop giving everyone a bunch of free tristat pots every month (this one hurts to ask for)

• Marcus_Justicia
    the pvp was well configured at one time on the spirit of battle

damage mitigation -44%

care received -50%

this is a good base to work from

currently anyone using non-vampire life or a high armor and attenuation value is very hard to kill.
    currently to be effective, play in a large group in pvp...
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    every time I look at the patch notes I hope to see something like "reducing incoming instant healing to 0% in battle spirit". since some classes has too OP burst heals and others doesn't have them at all. also playing Player Versus Healing content is not fun
  • Marcus_Justicia
    the real worry about heals is that they can stack multiple times in a group
    which creates a situation where the heals per second are ridiculously high, which further benefits group play and disadvantages solo players...