Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 37 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new home (Fogbreak Lighthouse), furnishings, and any QoL improvements. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the new home currently on the PTS for testing?
  • Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 6 February 2023 19:39
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the new home currently on the PTS for testing?

the home is nice but again it suffers from a lot of the terrain not being flat if we want to utilize the outside areas more.
    There are some gaps (square gaps) in the upper area of the terrain of the hills missing.
    One thing I would like to have as a feature would be if can turn the lighthouse light off / on.

Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?

The druid staircase featured in the structures is bleached more than the other new structural ones, which throws it off a little.

Do you have any other general feedback?

overall the home is lovely but it suffers from being too large and not having enough flat surface area.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the primary interior is reasonably sized, for once. The undercroft is about as big, but doesn’t demand that you furnish it to the same extent, or at all. Nor are there vast empty courtyards to fill.

The space is logically connected, without the duplicate stairs and divided floors of Highhallow Hold. The terraces on the adjacent rock are a bit arbitrary, but most of it does take you somewhere. The only puzzle is why it wouldn’t have reached the top.

The “boat as entrance” works well in avoiding the invisible wall requirements, but why are there two boats outbound, to only one shore end? It made me expect another land entry, like Clearwater Cascades.

• HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the Tribunal Chronometer furnishing. Is that just Crown Store variant of the Alkosh Hourglass…?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the Tribunal Chronometer furnishing. Is that just Crown Store variant of the Alkosh Hourglass…?

It is also at the voucher merchant.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's nice! The lighthouse itself looks good; the inside looks nice. I like the moving ship and the animals in the water (I have forgotten what the animals are called). I like that one can swim out to the rocks that circle the property. The grounds are rather uneven and non-descript. I like the big face carved on the side of the rock.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I rely wish you all would stop releasing large houses if you aren't going to increase the furnishing slots. It's impossible to decorate any of them adequately, or even near it.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rely wish you all would stop releasing large houses if you aren't going to increase the furnishing slots. It's impossible to decorate any of them adequately, or even near it.

This.

The house looks great but it suffers from the same problem as every single house that’s been released since Blackwood. It is way too big for the furnishing limit it has. I bought the furnished option on PTS and with 250 slots taken up it still looks empty and the island deserted.

Please give us smaller houses or a higher furnishing limit.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Resonance Crystal, Cerulean's glow is very, very weak to the point where it's barely as bright as stamplars future

Maybe consider brightening them both up?

as for the new house, it's nice and all but it's far, far too big to be furnishing propperly, so eaither increase the furnishing limits or make the houses smaller or in the case of extremely large houses see about dividing them up so each instance (inside, outside, ect) has an independant furnishing limit
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there some missing/bugged texture in new house. If you follow the path where the back stairs are, there you find this:
    2apugtolc5yu.png
    v2o17n82o78f.png
    Through the holes you can see the lower parts of the house

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not on the PTS and I love the house. But I do have one question: is it possible to turn the lighthouse's light off?

I can see myself using the place to create a sort of ruined garden or something, treating the lighthouse itself as an abandoned ruin. See, for example, Isola del Garda https://www.garda-outdoors.com/en/isola-del-garda-lake-garda/ but with less house.

But having a bright lighthouse beam zooming over it would feel a bit incongruous.
    Edited by Northwold on 31 January 2023 12:26
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    • What did you think of the new home currently on the PTS for testing?
      I love all the carvings in the stone outside the home. The moving boats and sea critters make it seem more alive. The home itself is of a decent size and there’s lots of coastline to build on.
    • Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?
      I was disappointed that old Breton furniture was used instead of more of the new high isle assets. If it's replaced with more of the high Isle and druid assets, I would certainly consider purchasing it furnished. Currently though, I would not.
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
      It would be really great to be able to turn the light of the lighthouse off. Lots of folks do cobble builds and that beam would be out of place.

A couple things that would be sweet for housing in general is something like the hourglass you recently added for changing the time of day within the house. 1: Except instead of changing time of day, you can change the sky to a few differing options like northern lights. 2: And another that you can place anywhere on your property that creates the spawn point for folks entering the property.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Island seems quite barren, will there be sunflowers and trees, as with steadfast hall.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we could switch off the light beam, or better still, get rid of the brazier and mirrors completely, this would make a passable wizard tower.
    PC EU
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭
    Overall, really loving the new furnishings. I've wanted the nets and boat furnishings since forever, and the druidic arch is also really nice. Wishing we could get longer ropes, but hey, I'll take it.

On the negative (that I've noticed so far) the "Druidic Door, Wood" is clearly animated wrong atm, opening the wrong way. This not only causes clipping with its own doorframe, it also makes no sense for the rope part to be the push side. The other side of the door has no rope, so how do you pull the door open? You can't. Furthermore, the opened door has a very wonky hitbox, making it almost impossible to select in order to close it again.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is the ceiling in the new house incredibly high? The entire boundary is huge. Are other houses this big? I love it, will probably be a day one buy, it's just too bad we still only get 700 slots, even for this size of land.
    en5mjcsxi6ra.png
    Edited by alternatelder on 1 February 2023 16:50
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    In Furnishings:

Druidic Hearth, Stone - We have one already, id 191163, and the plan to make it is called Praxis: Druidic Stone Oven., id 192518.
    Will the name of the first one be changed to reflect the recipe?
    rvid6okj5uxg.png

The new item is called Druidic Hearth, Stone - id 193821. The plan to make it is called Praxis: Druidic Hearth, Stone, id 194367.
    57b9g6xj1d4b.png

Thank you so much in advance.
    Editor: UESP.net > HOUSING! 📔 https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I went to PTS again and took a screenshot of the Tribunal Chronometer furnishing at the voucher vendor.
    CWgsDdp.png
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    why are there two boats outbound, to only one shore end? It made me expect another land entry, like Clearwater Cascades.

I'm not understanding what you mean here. Perhaps you haven't yet taken the boat at the docks to discover where it takes you?

Both boats are outbound and inbound, to/from two different locations.

The boat at the south landing of the island brings you to/from the landing location in northwestern High Isle.
    The boat at the docks on the north side of the lighthouse island will bring you to and from a landing on the south coast of Galen, right next to the Old Port Mornard crafting area.
    (although, there isn't [at least currently] a house icon on the Galen map which denotes that location as an access point to the lighthouse island, like there is on High Isle. One would have to take the boat from the dock at the lighthouse, or come across the boat on the Galen side by happenstance, to realize that there ARE two "shore ends," to use your terminology.)

Edited by Grizzbeorn on 2 February 2023 07:29
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      In addition to perhaps adding an indication on the Galen map at that landing site (unless it is meant to be kind of a surprise)...

Will this house be yet another limited-availability house, or will it be persistently available for purchase?

There needs to be less limited-availability and more persistent-availability with Housing (and perhaps across the Crown Store, in general).

There are way too many houses that are only available once a year or even less frequently.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Futerko wrote: »
        there some missing/bugged texture in new house. If you follow the path where the back stairs are, there you find this:
        2apugtolc5yu.png
        v2o17n82o78f.png
        Through the holes you can see the lower parts of the house

Be careful around those missing tiles; they are actual holes.
        My girlfriend fell into one of them this morning, and got stuck down there.
        (and it's not the undercroft, at least not an accessible part of it from which you could get out. she had to use 'return to entrance' to free herself.)
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • boi_anachronism_
          boi_anachronism_
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Not on pts but I just wanted to say thank you for the dummy reset for u37. Been wanting that for ages!
        • ghastley
          ghastley
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Grizzbeorn wrote: »
          ghastley wrote: »
          why are there two boats outbound, to only one shore end? It made me expect another land entry, like Clearwater Cascades.

I'm not understanding what you mean here. Perhaps you haven't yet taken the boat at the docks to discover where it takes you?

Both boats are outbound and inbound, to/from two different locations.

The boat at the south landing of the island brings you to/from the landing location in northwestern High Isle.
          The boat at the docks on the north side of the lighthouse island will bring you to and from a landing on the south coast of Galen, right next to the Old Port Mornard crafting area.
          (although, there isn't [at least currently] a house icon on the Galen map which denotes that location as an access point to the lighthouse island, like there is on High Isle. One would have to take the boat from the dock at the lighthouse, or come across the boat on the Galen side by happenstance, to realize that there ARE two "shore ends," to use your terminology.)

I took the boat out from the Galen side and arrived back on High Isle. I was expecting it to take me to Galen, and I wanted to find out where. Maybe they fixed something between our visits? I’ll try it again.

And now it makes sense. I had previewed only the first time, so of course it returned me to my entry location. Buying it enabled the other exit.
          Edited by ghastley on 3 February 2023 21:05
        • Dr_Con
          Dr_Con
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          84tyiktlzhyp.png

this item struck me as odd- the hourglass pricing was at 45 tickets, or an equivalent 22,500 tickets. Functionally, these items are the same (though aesthetically, different). I can anticipate people being upset because they may have spent crowns on tickets to purchase the hourglass due to FOMO. How will you address this?
        • Pelanora
          Pelanora
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Buying something to discover the company releases another version? Why is there a problem?
        • CyberDiva
          CyberDiva
          ✭✭✭
          The individual is referring to how much work and effort that many put into getting Event Tickets in order to obtain the Hourglass of Alkosh during the new Life festival. The person is stating that people who did all that work might get upset that they are now selling it instead of tucking it away for more event tickets via the Impressario or something.

I can see both sides of the problem, as I am one of those who worked my arse off to get tickets for it. On one hand, that was a lot of work and effort to get the hourglass. If they are just going to sell it outright, why did I waste my time getting tickets?

On the other side... Some people missed the opportunity, and it couldn't be helped, and that just sucks. I know several that had the tickets ready but couldn't log in for the New Life Festival, so they never could finish getting it. So for them to be able to purchase it later, that is a definite win for them.

Either way, you're going to have people that are mad over it. However, I would much rather people have some kind of opportunity to obtain it, like if it were via an Event vendor.
        • Grizzbeorn
          Grizzbeorn
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          CyberDiva wrote: »
          If they are just going to sell it outright, why did I waste my time getting tickets?

On the other side... Some people missed the opportunity, and it couldn't be helped, and that just sucks. I know several that had the tickets ready but couldn't log in for the New Life Festival, so they never could finish getting it. So for them to be able to purchase it later, that is a definite win for them.

Either way, you're going to have people that are mad over it. However, I would much rather people have some kind of opportunity to obtain it, like if it were via an Event vendor.

They have it featured in the Crown Store on the PTS, I imagine so that people can pick it up for a crown to test it.

But people have also shown that it can be found in the inventory of the Master Writ vendor, available for 1000 writ vouchers.

If that is the way it will be obtainable once it goes live, then people are still going to have to work for it.
          Accruing 1000 writ vouchers takes no small amount of effort and time.
          Certainly no less than it took to earn the tickets needed for the hourglass.
            PC/NA Warden Main
          • Wolf_Eye
            Wolf_Eye
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Please, can there be an option to turn off the furnishing viewer? As in, the new function that lets you see what a furnishing is when you hover over it?

It's useful informantion, and I appreciate it, but I can imagine it might be an irritant in the future when deciding whether I want to buy a house. Please, I would greatly appreciate it.
          • Northwold
            Northwold
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Grizzbeorn wrote: »
            CyberDiva wrote: »
            If they are just going to sell it outright, why did I waste my time getting tickets?

They have it featured in the Crown Store on the PTS, I imagine so that people can pick it up for a crown to test it.

But people have also shown that it can be found in the inventory of the Master Writ vendor, available for 1000 writ vouchers.

If that is the way it will be obtainable once it goes live, then people are still going to have to work for it.
            Accruing 1000 writ vouchers takes no small amount of effort and time.
            Certainly no less than it took to earn the tickets needed for the hourglass.

Also, I think it's important when a game makes a design mistake to correct it, rather than do nothing to keep the people who already endured the mistake happy. The latter is how you end up with a borked game where things become an intolerable grind or, indeed, impossible for no other reason than "it was like that in the old days".
            Edited by Northwold on 5 February 2023 13:30
          • kind_hero
            kind_hero
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Good selection of much awaited druidic structural furnishings. What I see missing is a collection of plants on display, like that mushroom rack that many people want, hanging herbs and the like. These should be part of druids' everyday life.

The game needs such updates on all furnishing styles, probably Summerset is the most lacking (roof tiles, windows, wooden floors, railings, interior stairs, doors).

Regarding the lighthouse, well, the area is too big for housing with the available tools we have today. Like we don't have any fast travel (teleports) means, we can't set where the character enters the house from outside (for example, I would like to start next to the lighthouse, and not on the beach). Since running to some far places of the area becomes quickly a chore, most of the zone will not be used to its maximum potential.

I hope that houses will get more functionality and will support more user actions, teleports, entrance point moving, wayshrines, portals to other houses, etc.

P.S. The light from the lighthouse should have a toggle.
            [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
          • Ashryn
            Ashryn
            ✭✭✭✭✭

When I first saw the house I wasn't fond of it because of the lack of vegetation. However, playing around with it, I've found I absolutely LOVE it! The house itself isn't too large, the rooms are large enough and open, not too segmented,, so it have lots of decorating possibilities. The land itself can be brought to life with plantings of trees and flowers.

The mood of the land is peaceful Druidic touches and with great music; a thunderstorm that comes up now and then; and the distant ships and wave dancing Ornaugs. The property is generously sized and the slaughterfish keep their distance pretty far out. Having two outgoing boats that go to either High Isle or Galen is also a big plus!

What I would change:
            Wish those sailing ships had some that came a bit closer and weren't as blurry with distance. Some more creatures on the beaches (like crabs and such) would bring some life. This house is also not situated conveniently to a wayshrine, so that would be improved with a wayshrine furnishing someday (one can hope!)!