Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 37 - Feedback Thread for the Necrom Prologue Quest

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Necrom prologue quest, Eye of Fate. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • How did you initially acquire the quest? (ie: was it through the Crown Store or from the NPC)
  • Did you have any trouble starting or completing the quest?
  • Did you play as a group or solo?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 6 February 2023 19:40
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you initially acquire the quest? (ie: was it through the Crown Store or from the NPC)

Crown Store

Did you have any trouble starting or completing the quest?

No

Did you play both quests back-to-back or did you do other activities in between each one?

I believe I did both back-to-back and didn't really notice they were separate quests. I went back to the PTS to see if another quest existed but didn't see one and I do have the achievement so I assume I got all of it.

Did you play as a group or solo?

Solo

Do you have any other general feedback?

The audio for the voice lines when you initially pick up the quest was hit and miss with the first dialogue not playing any audio then the next one playing then another one later on not playing.
    The betrayal was annoyingly obvious
    I'd personally rather be on the other side. Stealing from a Daedric Lord sounds cooler than protecting a Daedric Lord. Plus, I hate Mora.[
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did you initially acquire the quest? (ie: was it through the Crown Store or from the NPC)
    Crown Store

Did you have any trouble starting or completing the quest?
    No

Did you play both quests back-to-back or did you do other activities in between each one?
    Back-to-back. I didn't notice the end of the first quest and start of the second.

Did you play as a group or solo?
    Solo

Do you have any other general feedback?

Leramil The Wise: "I observed the effluvium of possibility and noticed a proliferation of sudden potential."

First class gibberish that is, much better than the gibberish we get in other games.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone! Just wanted to let you know we're aware of several VO lines from Leramil that are not working properly and this should all be fixed in upcoming patches.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    General feedback - there are simply too many prologue NPCs in starting zones. Create a new character, go to the mages guild in Auridon, and ask yourselves is that enjoyable.

In game, when you're at the NPCs, there's no obvious way to know which expansion they're for. Ideally, I think it'd be best if only the current year's prologues were available in the starter zones from NPCs. Previous years, put them in the store. I know you guys want to have all content playable in any order, but I think there's room for QoL adjustments here.

Given that this prologue is currently available only through the store, I'd suggest leaving it that way.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went looking for the prolog quest, where is it supposed to be and do I need to own the chapter before it shows up?
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I went looking for the prolog quest, where is it supposed to be and do I need to own the chapter before it shows up?

You can get it by going to the Crownstore and purchasing the Prologue Quest: Eye of Fate or by finding the Quest Giver who is across from/North of Lion Crown Outfitters in Wayrest in Stormhaven.

• Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »

You can get it by going to the Crownstore and purchasing the Prologue Quest: Eye of Fate or by finding the Quest Giver who is across from/North of Lion Crown Outfitters in Wayrest in Stormhaven.

Thanks, I knew about the crown store but wanted pick it up from the NPC... I just picked the wrong cities to look for it in.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Mephilis78
    Mephilis78
    ✭✭✭
    I know that they aren't going to change a thing in the prologue quest, because they never do (like how Jakarn was still completely out of character when the high isle prologue released) but.... here goes nothing.

Please make the three portals farther apart so that I don't end up clicking on a nest of ticks instead of the one I actually want.
    "'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'" The Many Headed Talos - Michael Kirkbride
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the quest. Loved having choice of how to start it. Found following the runes a bit confusing but was very tired when playing so possibly that. Love the spooky atmosphere. Think the characters are great and interesting and story so far us good and leaving me wanting more. All voice acting awesome. As noted previously some voice acting missed but guessing that will get fixed.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    General feedback - there are simply too many prologue NPCs in starting zones. Create a new character, go to the mages guild in Auridon, and ask yourselves is that enjoyable.

In game, when you're at the NPCs, there's no obvious way to know which expansion they're for. Ideally, I think it'd be best if only the current year's prologues were available in the starter zones from NPCs. Previous years, put them in the store. I know you guys want to have all content playable in any order, but I think there's room for QoL adjustments here.

Given that this prologue is currently available only through the store, I'd suggest leaving it that way.

Agree, but I would prefer they just add a prologues writ board instead of having to open the crown store. It would be easier for new players to see a quest marker, then have to open the crown store and find the quest.

Stay safe :)
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Agree, but I would prefer they just add a prologues writ board instead of having to open the crown store. It would be easier for new players to see a quest marker, then have to open the crown store and find the quest.

Yep bounty boards are the way to go, keep the NPCs a long way away and have the notice send you there, otherwise the Starter zones are going to end up like the Souk in Marrakesh on half-price tourist day where you can’t see the wood for the trees or hear the screams for the shouting!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

That's actually a good idea! I support it as long as the NPCs don't show up until you've adopted the applicable quest.