Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NoldoBot - Discord Bot to arrange Trials

• Zekna
    Zekna
    Soul Shriven
    @Noldornir

I feel like this has been asked before but what specific settings are required to use the noldobot w/o giving full admin permissions to the role?
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    Zekna wrote: »
    @Noldornir

I feel like this has been asked before but what specific settings are required to use the noldobot w/o giving full admin permissions to the role?

This is actually something that bothers me as well:

Bots permission are globally granted when inviting the bots itself; this bot needs to manage channels and user alike for some functions (kick, ban, clear chats etc.) so it needs admin rights.

There is no way to manually grant permissions to bots in a given server as these are managed by the invitation of the bot.

I'm currently working on an update that will change the permission required tho since the new discord permissions for bots have many more ways of implementation compared to when i first developed this one.

When it will be ready I'll update this post and also a message warning about update available will be posted after each !maketrial made with old bot; the new one will implement slash commands and require less permission; only downside is it will also require a fresh new invitation (as it's actually another bot with different permissions).

Until then unfortunately you'll need to either not use the bot or leave it as admin.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    Zekna wrote: »
    @Noldornir

I did some update and you can test bot with limited permission now (he asks only the ones he actually needs).

Try kicking the bot and reinviting with this link:

https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=601377387480875018&permissions=805562486&scope=bot

Please keep in mind it's just a test thing yet and might not work, in case it doesn't you can reinvite with the standard link w/admin privileges and leave feedback so i can fix issues.

Thanks in advance
  • nickomcbrain
    nickomcbrain
    Soul Shriven
    I find that this bot does not even respond to the commands provided such as !maketrial. Am I missing something? Anyone else?
  • nickomcbrain
    nickomcbrain
    Soul Shriven
    Also, there are missing trials. Any chance this will be updated or maintained?
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but the bot has been closed down due to increasing costs of server and the even bigger issue that it would require a massive update as discord now demands that all bots answers to /commands.

The bot has been closed down and will not be updated in the future unfortunately.