Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When is ZOS going to get rid of 3rd party farm bots on Xbox?

Abaddon2012
Abaddon2012
✭✭
Seriously you need to get rid of the farm bots on Xbox! It’s nearly impossible to have any good farming route! Start banning IP addresses! This is just ridiculous how many farm bots are on Xbox server and I’m feeling cheated cause I cannot farm the materials that it costs to do what I need to in game! Stop ignoring this problem and fix it!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 5 January 2023 19:23
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering how long I've been reporting farming bots, years at this point - never.
  • Abaddon2012
    Abaddon2012
    ✭✭
    It’s really sad that the company won’t enforce its own terms of service and let this continue to happen!
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the current predicament of the game, I seriously doubt they they have the manpower to devote to dealing with the bot issue.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Been an issue for years. Literally years now. If they were ever going to address it, they already would have. Best advise is to ignore them or use skills to bug out their pathing by speeding them up.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a PC player, I would highly advise not pressing the issue. PC overland players raised such a fuss over here the bots are gone, but the costs of materials for gold have skyrocketed and it's impossible for anyone who isn't a dedicated round the clock player or endgamer selling title/skin/gear runs to afford these prices. I know the bots are irritating and they likely mess with your immersion and whatnot, but I can promise you, your game's economy will suffer HARD if you push to get rid of them. At the end of the day, you do what you want, obviously, but you should know how it will play out from a voice of experience.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • RupertVandy
    RupertVandy
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with p00tx. When i left in 2019, there were chinese bot trains going across the maps and mats were cheap. Now we got alchemy reagents being 600+ ea, fortified nirn like 75k. Forget it. Let the cheap labor do its thing.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    As a PC player, I would highly advise not pressing the issue. PC overland players raised such a fuss over here the bots are gone, but the costs of materials for gold have skyrocketed and it's impossible for anyone who isn't a dedicated round the clock player or endgamer selling title/skin/gear runs to afford these prices. I know the bots are irritating and they likely mess with your immersion and whatnot, but I can promise you, your game's economy will suffer HARD if you push to get rid of them. At the end of the day, you do what you want, obviously, but you should know how it will play out from a voice of experience.

That's just greed, for a digital worthless fictional currency of all things. And if it ever came to that point then just harvest your own stuff. Its not hard to get to 50 in everything so you can refine with the best chance. I have harvested all my own mats and upgrade mats and crafted all my own gear. I have like 3 or 4 full gold sets and I don't even farm anymore
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • RupertVandy
    RupertVandy
    ✭✭✭

That's just greed, for a digital worthless fictional currency of all things. And if it ever came to that point then just harvest your own stuff. Its not hard to get to 50 in everything so you can refine with the best chance. I have harvested all my own mats and upgrade mats and crafted all my own gear. I have like 3 or 4 full gold sets and I don't even farm anymore

Its how you end up with out of control inflation....
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These bots are stealing materials from the players like me who farm all their own materials. I'm not ok with that. And on the PS the things they farm the most are those materials that are the most expensive and they remain the most expensive despite the bots.

PS5/NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this, i personally never buy mats, i farm everything i need myself, or let it accumulate over time

i also sell mats because i dont feel like i need 20k of any rubedite mat, i also sell all my alchemy ingredients because i never use them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really sad that the company won’t enforce its own terms of service and let this continue to happen!
    Have an feeling ZoS asked MS and Sony about bots on console many years ago and was told it was impossible because it was an closed system. Problem is that this was before ESO launched on console 😺
    On PC its some years since I seen bots. It was idiotic level of bots back an month at launch then they went away.
    Seen some later but it looked like this was players doing AFK leveling and players had real names and crown store pets and outfits. Some chance they do instanced content.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While you're absolutely not wrong, you have to remember how this game functions and how many differnt ways players engage with this game. 3 or 4 full gold sets is definitely impressive for a player who isn't engaged in endgame PvE or PvP, but in my neck of the game, we have to deal with the wild see-saw of Zos updates that cause wild meta swings, and the individual player has to either keep up, or be kicked from a team for not showing up prepared with the team's requirements. I know you're probably going to say "that's stupid", and you'd be right, but it's the reality of this game for many of us. My 215 slot inventory on my endgame Warden healer sits at about 171/215 with all trash cleaned out. Those are just the sets required for me to play on one team...all gold. That's not counting the chests full of golded out PvP gear, golded out dps gear, and additional golded out healing gear that I don't use for this particular team.

I know that you guys have no reason to care about what happens to us in this game, but just remember how hard we fought for you guys when changes were made that negatively impacted the lower tier players. We knew we'd adjust just fine and be back to doing what we were doing in no time, but we fought to get you guys what you needed, even when we had no stake in the situation. That's how a community should function. You think about everyone in the game and how your actions could potentially impact all groups, not just your own.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the bots to their beginner zones. There are late game routes that work well enough without the bots getting in the way. The only annoyance I’ve had is quests where you need to kill mud crabs and waiting around to camp the spawns because 3 bots are in the area.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the bots to their beginner zones. There are late game routes that work well enough without the bots getting in the way. The only annoyance I’ve had is quests where you need to kill mud crabs and waiting around to camp the spawns because 3 bots are in the area.

The flooded delves in Blackwood have gobs of mudcrabs. When I need chitin, that's where I go. There might be other players in there, but they don't seem to mess with the crabs.

I'm PC NA and EU though - things might be different on console, I have no way of knowing.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a zone 1 Dungeon with Mass Spawns of Mudcrabs. Fungal Grotto IIRC.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really care about the economy- I can always find a good hustle.

It just kinda kills the rpg aspect of the game when I'm questing and I come across 8 pet sorcs running like a ball group farming mudcrabs etc.

I've played on Playststion and xbox NA, it's definitely worse on xbox over the last year then I ever saw it in 7 years on Playststion.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's nice to not have bots around. I get almost all materials via habit of harvesting nodes I pass by and a casually accumulate more millions than I use by selling some surplus. And I can buy the rest what I need without feeding gold sellers.
    When I was on break from ESO I played a new mmo which had a massive bot infestation combined with rather limited number of nodes and small servers and very grindy levelling of harvest skills and high level refining requiring low level refined mat. As result low level mats were more expensive than many of high level mats and trying to level harvesting was exercise in frustration.
    Edited by rpa on 9 December 2022 06:01
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭

These bots are stealing materials from the players like me who farm all their own materials. I'm not ok with that. And on the PS the things they farm the most are those materials that are the most expensive and they remain the most expensive despite the bots.

If there are no bots, you will start selling your materials at inflated prices, I will have to buy them more expensive, and I buy materials for furniture production in large volumes. Furniture buyers will face a shortage of funds. Then I will stop producing furniture and taking your materials. The whole economy will die
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LikiLoki wrote: »

If there are no bots, you will start selling your materials at inflated prices, I will have to buy them more expensive, and I buy materials for furniture production in large volumes. Furniture buyers will face a shortage of funds. Then I will stop producing furniture and taking your materials. The whole economy will die

Ah, thanks reminding I need to list some of my accumulated pile of heartwood.

zvolladssj8v.jpg
    Edited by rpa on 9 December 2022 08:39
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already multiple threads on this topic, we have decided to close this discussion.

We recommend reporting these players so our support team can investigate and deal with these accounts.

How do I report a player on console?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.