Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When in a group, Change ID names to character names (Solved!)

Thee_Cheshire_Cat
Thee_Cheshire_Cat
✭✭✭✭
i'd like a way to change ID names currently shown in groups into the character names instead. Is there something that does this, please?
Edited by Thee_Cheshire_Cat on 14 January 2023 02:42
Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your referring to the party menu, i use an addon to enhance that (dont remember if it also affects the normal group display)

the group display when your outside of a menu is likely being changed to @ names by another addon, because by default it shows character names (bandit ui or advanced ui for example i think both change the group window and usually display @ names)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s an Option.
    But WHY? I like knowing who I’m playing with and most players have lots of characters.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think can do that with pchat. In groups I have character name@account name I think, but it’s different for other channels.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »
    I think it’s an Option.
    But WHY? I like knowing who I’m playing with and most players have lots of characters.

Because i'm a role player, and i like to know the characters, not the players. You're right, most players have lots of characters. i like to know which character i'm dealing with.

i use pchat, maybe i have something checked that i shouldn't in there, will have to look at it again. It's driving me nuts lol

thanks all.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    pChat got a settings menu for the name output of each chat channel, so you can configure this for zone, group, guild1, guild2, ..., whisper and so on.
    It shouldbe somehwhere at the "chat channels" -> group submenu I think, and is a drop down box where you can select
    character
    @Account
    @Account/character
    character/@account

or similar