The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LibAlchemy

Cendrillion21
Cendrillion21
✭✭✭✭✭
LibAlchemy is needed for Master Merchant. I have it showing as installed on Minion but in game it says missing. I have uninstalled and re-installed...any ideas? Everything is updated on Minion.
Campos de oro
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you scrolled down to y our LIbs to see if it is checked (active)?

• Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Yes - it's just not there in game at all despite showing as installed in minion.
    Campos de oro
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Yes - it's just not there in game at all despite showing as installed in minion.

Oh, So it is not showing up in-game to be checked. That is odd and the real problem. It showing up in Minion is irrelevant.

The only thing I woujdl suggest that is not mentioned here is deleting the library and maybe even the addon itself. Then shot down the PC entirely (do not use restart). Then start it and install both again.

If the library is still not showing up in-game so you can have it check-marked, open a ticket with Zenimax. They do not support add-ons but this is an issue with the game actually recognizing it is installed which is an issue with their game.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should read this here if addons or libraries do not show up ingame allthough Minion got them instaleld or you manualy installed them:

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

From my experience this is eiter related to using OneDrive sync of your c:\users\...\documents folder,
    or a windows update broke the patch where ESO searches your addons (use the Screenshot trick mentioned at thelinka bove to fnd the correct addons folder where ESO actually searches your addons).

Or you have installed the library manually and extracted the zip file wrong so that a foldername = zip file name was created and the real needed folder LibAlchemy is inside that.
    Wrong: live/Addons/LibAlchemy_v123/LibAlchemy/LibAlchemy.txt and other files
    Correct: live/Addons/LibAlchemy/LibAlchemy.txt and other files

If the lib is in the correct folder:
    Check if your antivirus is blocking access to c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online and allow it (whitelist it).
    Especially whitelist the files c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\UserSettings.txt and AddOnSettings.txt as txt files might be blocked by some AntiVirus tools as they think they could be malware (Avast Antivirus e.g had that problem).
    Edited by Baertram on 1 December 2022 09:22