The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Login error due to specific addon

zimondrium
zimondrium
Soul Shriven
Greetings, how can I find out which addon is making error when loading a character, because when I turned off all addons my game is working, when I turned them on it's not working. How can I specificize which addon is making problem without losing too much time by enabling them one by one... ?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you read the UI error that pops up, it should include the addon name in the file path displayed in the error message

if you want help diagnosing the error message you could post a screenshot here which might help

outside of that the only other method is as you put it, enable 1 by 1 until you find the offending addon
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    You can also perform a type of search for it:
    1) Enable half your addons, try to log in. If it works, you know that the buggy addon is not on that list.
    2) Enable half of the addons that cause the issue. If in step 1 you found that the addons enabled caused the issue, then enable half the addons from step 1. If you found that step 1 allowed you to sign in without issues, then enable half of the addons from the ones that were disabled before.

Continue this process until you find which addon is causing the issue.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    You can also perform a type of search for it:
    1) Enable half your addons, try to log in. If it works, you know that the buggy addon is not on that list.
    2) Enable half of the addons that cause the issue. If in step 1 you found that the addons enabled caused the issue, then enable half the addons from step 1. If you found that step 1 allowed you to sign in without issues, then enable half of the addons from the ones that were disabled before.

Continue this process until you find which addon is causing the issue.
    Ah, the good old binary search! :)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • dstowenspub19_ESO
    If you're in a big guild, ask about problems others are having. In the past week since Firesong update/release the best help has come from guilders for me. They alerted me to a fatal flaw with the lib file HarvestMap loads automatically, NodeDetection, the very last lib addon. Disabled it, and game stopped crashing. Lots of other problems, though, I'm still working on.