The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the soul shrivens the metamorphosis of the Xivilai/Daedra?

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
After defeating the daedric spider on nMA I started observing the audience and something caught my eye.

lipo7rJ.png
Soul Shriven on the photo is in the process of turning into a deadra/Xivilai (Notice the horns starting to grow from the side of the face?)
vNvBmuV.png
A defeated Ilambris-Zaven or Ilambris-Athor from Crypts of hearts

Can someone explain this process to me in the fashion of lore?
Edited by Psiion on 31 October 2022 03:22
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul Shriven and Xivlai are completely different and independent of each other. Those in the first image are not soul shriven but are a lesser daedra
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Medieval3D
    Medieval3D
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why Molag Bal wants so many souls and what do with them. It seems has sense that he uses them for some purpose why not maybe for increase his numbers
    Medieval
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to UESP: A Daedric Prince can create a new Daedra by replacing an entity's original Animus with a Vestige. Daedra lack an Anuic Animus, also known as a mortal soul, each one instead possessing a Daedric soul known as a Vestige (sometimes also called an Animus). The wording makes it a bit ambiguous though, but if we take the 'entity' being a soul shriven, then it might be possible.

As for why Molag Bal wanted souls, again according to UESP, it was to fuel the planemeld (and I suppose to have obedient workers).
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

We have moved this thread to the Lore section of the forums as it is better fit there.
    Staff Post