Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Shut Yer Trap : Selectively mute NPCs or specific dialogue

remosito
remosito
✭✭✭✭✭
Howdie all,

The Addon keeps track of the last 20 dialogues you have heard from NPCs (stuga, dragons in your homeland, companion chatter).

In the settings you can select any of those last 20 and either mute the NPC as a whole. Or just that specific dialogue from that NPC.

Supresses the corresponding subtitles and chat entries as well.

As for the audio. Afaik there is no way to supress the audio to be played. So what it does instead is just mute the VoiceOver channel for a calculated duration depending on dialogue length.
This will mute all VoiceOver during that time. Even ones not selected for shutyertrap-ing....

enjoy :-)
ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
    As soon this add-on was published I informed the author that deaf people (from my guild), but not only, would appreciate if the NPC sentences were removed from the chat and during the following days he searched for solutions and coded to deliver. The timing of his interventions to update us on the progress in the ESOUI comments shown he was doing it after his work day and even at night while he'd rather have slept.

I don't know the guy, I'm not one to throw flowers and I tend to bite more asses than I lick some but such dedication and promptness to help is worth mentioning.