The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

A Dunmer Religious Rite for New Followers of the Tribunal

brylars
brylars
✭✭✭
Back when Dunmer religious activities were longwinded, I created this rite for my Tribunal Temple RP group. "Ara'Muhrhal" is supposed to mean "Ash Birth." Basically, all Dunmer children and anyone who was not a follower of the Tribunal desiring to be one, went through this rite. The rite was in two parts: The Presentation and The Ritual.

Ara'Muhrhal

The Priest begins the Ara'Muhrhal with a sermon which usually includes, if a minor, praising the family for presenting a child to ALMSIVI or praising the one who has decided to enter the Triune Faith as an adult. Giving thanks to ALMSIVI for making the Dunmer a chosen people would also be appropriate.

The Presentation, if a minor:

The Priest asks the ones presenting the child: “In obedience to the Holy Tribunal's command, you bring this child for the Ara'Muhrhal. I therefore ask you: Do you renounce the treacherous Sixth House and the Four Corners of the House of Troubles, and all their works and all their ways?

Those presenting the child respond: “Yes, we renounce.

The Priest: “Do you renounce the other Daedric Princes and also the Eight Apostasies?

Those presenting the child respond: “Yes, we renounce.

The Priest: “Do you willingly and of your own accord present this child for the Ara'Muhrhal unto the Triune Faith?

Those presenting the child respond: “Yes. Praise Be Their Holy Names.

The Priest: “Remove the T’lonya and we shall begin.” [Go to The Ritual, below]

The Presentation, if an adult:

The Priest asks the one who wishes to enter the faith: “In obedience to the Holy Tribunal's command, you bring yourself to receive the Ara'Muhrhal. I therefore ask you: Do you renounce the treacherous Sixth House and the Four Corners of the House of Troubles, and all their works and all their ways?

The convert responds: “Yes, I renounce.

The Priest: “Do you renounce the other Daedric Princes and also the Eight Apostasies?

The convert responds: “Yes, I renounce.

The Priest: “Do you willingly and of your own accord present yourself to receive the Ara'Muhrhal unto the Triune Faith?

The convert responds: “Yes. Praise Be Their Holy Names.

The Priest: “Remove your shirt and shoes, kneel, and we shall begin.” [Go to The Ritual, below]

The Ritual:

The Priest dips his finger in the sacred ash from Red Mountain, then touches certain parts of the body leaving a mark of ash.

The Priest touches the left foot saying: “I anoint your feet that you may always walk in the paths set before you by ALMSIVI.

The Priest touches the left hand saying: “I anoint your hands that you may always do the will of ALMSIVI and work for their glory.

The Priest touches the left eyelid or brow saying: “I anoint your eyes that you may always see the works of ALMSIVI in your life and around you.

The Priest touches the crown of the head saying: “I anoint your head that every decision made and every lesson learned is done in the name of ALMSIVI.

The Priest draws the sign of the Triune on the chest of the child or convert with ash while saying: “I seal this anointing in the name of the Holy Tribunal.

AE AYEM AE SEHT AE VEHK

Blessed Be Their Holy Names.

The congregation assembled then repeats: “Blessed Be Their Holy Names.

The Priest ends the ritual: “The Ending of the Words is ALMSIVI.
  • brylars
    brylars
    ✭✭✭
    I just realized I put this in the wrong forum. Is there a way to get it moved to Fiction & Roleplaying? @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by brylars on 1 September 2022 02:42