The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Antiquities

Dawnblade
Dawnblade
✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any addons that make antiquities not such a tab back and forth from game to browser mess to see what items are available, then the leads, and the source of leads?

I have Display Leads which improves the interface / information in the game's scrying UI a bit, but simple stuff like looking up a specific item that is spread across zones requires looking through all the zones, and nothing shows any information about the leads I don't have or their sources, so I still end up tabbing out to look up the missing leads and their source.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you already have the display leads addon you might need to change your filters

across the top there are 3 filters

the first can filter to say "can scry" (what leads you have available that can be scryed and dug up), "never dug out" (what leads you have never found before)

the 2nd filter is for specific zones, i rarely change this one

the 3rd filter is like a category filter, so you can filter to all leads of a particular mythic, all furnishing leads, etc

in most cases for myself i usually like to put the first filter to "can scry" to see what i have available to scry, or "never dug out" if im specifically looking for new leads

in the actual display for this it should say the zone that the lead is found, or if you already scryed it, the zone you need to dig it up, the next column over should show the specific location

so for example the oakensoul lead from murkmire

if you were looking at like "never dug out" (if you have not found it yet) it should have the lead name in first column, 2nd column will say murkmire because thats where you need to find the lead, 3rd column will say "safeboxes" or "lockboxes" (those terms are interchangeable lol)

hovering over the lead in the list gives a popup that might have more detailed information on the location, if it comes from multiple sources in the zone

its pretty cumbersome when you have basically no filter options set, as there are significantly more leads in the game now than when antiquities was first introduced
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you already have the display leads addon you might need to change your filters

the first can filter to say "can scry" (what leads you have available that can be scryed and dug up), "never dug out" (what leads you have never found before)

the 3rd filter is like a category filter, so you can filter to all leads of a particular mythic, all furnishing leads, etc

in most cases for myself i usually like to put the first filter to "can scry" to see what i have available to scry, or "never dug out" if im specifically looking for new leads

in the actual display for this it should say the zone that the lead is found, or if you already scryed it, the zone you need to dig it up, the next column over should show the specific location

if you were looking at like "never dug out" (if you have not found it yet) it should have the lead name in first column, 2nd column will say murkmire because thats where you need to find the lead, 3rd column will say "safeboxes" or "lockboxes" (those terms are interchangeable lol)

hovering over the lead in the list gives a popup that might have more detailed information on the location, if it comes from multiple sources in the zone

its pretty cumbersome when you have basically no filter options set, as there are significantly more leads in the game now than when antiquities was first introduced

Thanks - lol I am blind sometimes, I had scrolled through on Minion and was looking at screen shots of some other add-on that modified the list in the base scrying UI, once I used the slash command and pulled Display Leads up, it did what I needed.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »

Thanks - lol I am blind sometimes, I had scrolled through on Minion and was looking at screen shots of some other add-on that modified the list in the base scrying UI, once I used the slash command and pulled Display Leads up, it did what I needed.

right there with you, when i read the first sentence of your OP i was like going to be like "use display leads addon", but after rereading your 2nd sentence mentioning you already had it, i figured you just needed a little guidance on how to use it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DisplayLeads needs a button or something when viewing the normal leads interface, so you can know to bring up the detailed display.

I have been thinking "what a useless addon" myself, since it doesn't have any settings either!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you set it back to "All Zones" if you accidentally pick a zone?

I think the option is above my viewable screen in the popup menu....

EDIT: I found that I can click at the very top of the screen.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on 30 July 2022 01:58
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you set it back to "All Zones" if you accidentally pick a zone?

I think the option is above my viewable screen in the popup menu....

EDIT: I found that I can click at the very top of the screen.

Not all zones fitting can happen depending on screen resolution and UI scaling setting.

At least changin UI scaling is what solved it for some of the ppl that reported the issue in the comments section...
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DisplayLeads needs a button or something when viewing the normal leads interface, so you can know to bring up the detailed display.

I have been thinking "what a useless addon" myself, since it doesn't have any settings either!

yeah it might make sense

on my main that i do all the scrying and stuff on, i have display leads bound to a key so pulling it up is easy, on other toons if i need to check it i just do /displayleads

but a more obvious way to access it might be better for those new to using it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master