Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

No alchemy writs are being offered

ddsr312
ddsr312
Soul Shriven
I've done 2 characters and the board doesn't have daily alchemy writs
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably useless information, but.... There are two writ boards. You don't get all the writs for all the crafts from one message board. If your characters are certified to do all the crafting writs, the arrows should show up above the message boards.
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they’re not carrying over from one day to the next. It’s only allowing you to do one per day, period.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ This. There was a change a few updates back-- right after the Anniversary Event, I think, or maybe during it-- such that you can now do only 1 Alchemy writ per character per day. It caused quite an outcry in the forums at the time.

The old way it worked was, you could grab the crafting writs before reset but put off doing them if you were short on time. The next day you could do the previous day's writs which you'd picked up, turn them in, and then grab another set of writs for that day. This is still possible to do with the other six writs, but it's no longer possible with Alchemy.

Apparently it was possible to exploit the old way that Alchemy writs worked so you could pick up, complete, and turn in a lot of Alchemy writs each day. There must have been some players who were exploiting this to an extreme degree, such that they were able to farm large numbers of the Anniversary Event reward coffers each day, so ZOS put a stop to the exploit.

Anyway, you should note that you can't always do 2 days of writs on the same day in the old way-- which is still the current way for everything but Alchemy-- because if the first set of writs are for the same items as the current day's writs then they'll count as the current day's items when you turn them in, even if you'd actually picked up the writs last week, last month, or last year but didn't get around to turning them in until today.

For example, if you picked up a Woodworking writ last year that called for 2 Restoration Staffs and 1 Shield, but for whatever reason you didn't turn in that writ until today, you won't get a Woodworking writ for today if today's writ calls for 2 Restoration Staffs and 1 Shield, since the items you turned in today for last year's writ will be counted as fulfilling today's writ even though you never actually picked up today's writ yet.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely no use to you PC users, but the writs are working as they should on Xbox. As in, you can do 2 lots the next day.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I take that back. Couldn't pick up an alchemy, on a second round of surveys today.
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    It just changed with High isle for me, ps5/NA. I have to grab all my writs, turn in the alchemy one, and then log out. Kind of annoying for efficiency sake
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this got fixed in the patch?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this got fixed in the patch?

It's not going to get "fixed" IMO, because this is the fix for the armory exploit w/ Alchemy
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    Considering all other crafting dailies can be carried over for a day but this one can’t, I’m going to continue to call it a bug.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considering all other crafting dailies can be carried over for a day but this one can’t, I’m going to continue to call it a bug.

It's only a bug if ZOS considers it one. Just be grateful it hasn't carried over to the rest of them yet.

And I mean yet. It's very likely that is coming down the road at some point.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I would say the actual bug is with the Armory. You could use the Armory to save a spec with no points in Alchemy. Turn in an alchemy writ. Add 1 point to Alchemy. Do another writ at the higher alchemy level. Turn it in. Add 1 point to Alchemy. Do another writ at the higher alchemy level. Repeat until max alchemy level. Then, load your Armory spec with no points in Alchemy and begin again. This was painfully broken. You could get nearly endless gold and endless alchemy reagents and endless alchemy master writs, etc. And during the Anniversary Event, it meant almost endless reward boxes.

It was one of the biggest exploits in the history of the game. It needed to be fixed and fixed fast. This fixed the exploit. Did it fix the underlying bug with Armory and alchemy writs? No. But we don't know the complexity of that bug or how fixing it might impact other areas of how the Armory works or how crafting writs work or how daily quests work.

They turned a potentially game-breaking and economy-breaking exploit into an isolated minor annoyance. Will they fix the minor annoyance of one-alchemy-writ-turn-in-per-day? Maybe. But it is unlikely to be high on the priority list.

(I am guessing this exploit was around for years but you needed to continually spend gold to respec your skill points. And that respec shrine gold outlay was enough of a barrier to entry and barrier to profit margin to keep people from engaging in it. But once the Armory added a de facto way to respec skill points for free, the exploit usage skyrocketed.)
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS so the solution to someone cheesing this is to make the rest of our lives massively inconvenient? Not to mention I lost writs at first because I thought I honestly made a mistake and it took me a week to figure it out. Why is everyone being punished for some small persons or group’s offense? This seems like a cheap fix