The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it possible for werewolves to go to an afterlife other than Hircine's Hunting Grounds?

zombniac
zombniac
✭✭✭
I have read contradictory texts about this on UESP, so I thought about asking here. Thanks!
  • brylars
    brylars
    ✭✭✭
    It has always been my understanding that ALL lycanthropes go to the Hunting Grounds after death. I believe that if Hircine is particularly perturbed by one of his "ungrateful" children (someone who regrets and tries to cure the lycanthropy), Hircine will send someone to kill them and they will go to the Hunting Grounds anyway.

I suppose another Prince could lay claim to the soul and take them before they reach the Hunting Grounds, but I do not believe that is made clear.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lycanthropes typically go to the Hunting Grounds by default, but the Grey Host show that werewolves went to Coldharbour instead due to a bargain, and similarly, Faolchu also was sent to Coldharbour when he willingly submitted himself to Molag Bal.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that the way the rules on ownership of the soul works is that it belongs to the most recent entity a bargain was struck with prior to death.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • brylars
    brylars
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the Prince treat the soul like a wishbone and whoever wins gets the soul or what's left of it.

5x9vtfyrfm0u.png
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that the way the rules on ownership of the soul works is that it belongs to the most recent entity a bargain was struck with prior to death.

probably. estre originally pledged herself to dagon but later did so to bal and she ended up in coldharbour