The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Chat box getting messages for surveys I have in the current map zone

jrfk2
jrfk2
✭✭✭
So all of a sudden my char box is getting annoying messages for surveys I might have in the zone I have open in my map .. looked around and can't find what's doing this and if I can turn it off. Not sure if its base game or an add-on .. anyone have any clues? thanks ..
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 12 June 2022 20:29
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an addon. Might be map pins but not 100% sure.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    good call, looks like it is map pins, but i don't see an option to turn that off, disabled it for now, i have "Destinations" addon so I still see survey locations etc.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be BeamMeUp. I vaguely recall it having options about surveys.
    Or maybe LostTreasure.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open the Map Pins LUA and search for that line:
    yoarjhujwoee.jpg
    Delete it completely and save. The initial "d" indicates that it's only meant to send a message in chat, no other functions are tied to it.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, BeamMeUp got something similar too BUT
    -you need to enable it at the settings
    -you need to have harvested 1 "same" survey's items at least so it tells you that there is the same again in your inventory and you should leave the current place a bit and return to show the survey's harvestable items again

There is no annoying "you got surveys in this zone" which always shows...
    Edited by Baertram on 14 June 2022 11:11