The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Does this addon exist?

Hortator Indoril Nerevar
Hortator Indoril Nerevar
✭✭✭✭✭
Alright so...

Is there a addon which deletes mail you receive from the game without looting it? Let me explain why in more detail. I have one item not collected in my sticky book from vDSA. If I get the weekly reward for vDSA and it sends me that item I will not want to loot it as it would locked that item. I want to keep it as the only item I haven't collected so its a 100% drop. What can I do to avoid this? I hope someone has made a addon which removes that mail without taking the loot.

Anyone know?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 20 May 2022 01:02
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt such an addon exists, considering it's pretty much impossible to delete mail with items in it aside from that mail expiring, and mail is a server-side deal, I don't think it would be as simple as modifying the UI.
    I'm not gonna ask for what reason you want to keep that item outside of your stickerbook, because we all know why.

Besides, I'm not even sure weekly rewards, leaderboards, or pretty much anything that comes through the mail uses curated loot, so...
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffers don't have curated drops and you can't delete a mail without looting it first. If you want to not have the weapon, do not take the attachment, just leave it there and it will delete itself in 30 days.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No addons that I'm aware of. I've never tried it but you can try to use DeleteMail API function, it has force delete option as a second parameter which may (or may not :x) work with mails containing attachments:
    /script DeleteMail(mailId, true)

To get specific mailId you need to use GetNextMailId function. Using
    /script d(GetNextMailId(nil))

will print the ID of the first message in your inbox to the chat. Then you pass that id to the next call of GetNextMailId to get next message and you repeat that till you get to the message you want to remove. (ofc it's way easier if the DSA mail is the only one in your inbox, then you can call GetNextMailId(nil) to get its id and pass it to DeleteMail).

If you don't want to deal with writing API functions in the chat you can just wait 30 days, the mail will get removed automatically.
    Edited by perfiction on 19 May 2022 10:28
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Coffers don't have curated drops and you can't delete a mail without looting it first. If you want to not have the weapon, do not take the attachment, just leave it there and it will delete itself in 30 days.
    perfiction wrote: »
    No addons that I'm aware of. I've never tried it but you can try to use DeleteMail API function, it has force delete option as a second parameter which may (or may not :x) work with mails containing attachments:
    /script DeleteMail(mailId, true)

To get specific mailId you need to use GetNextMailId function. Using
    /script d(GetNextMailId(nil))

will print the ID of the first message in your inbox to the chat. Then you pass that id to the next call of GetNextMailId to get next message and you repeat that till you get to the message you want to remove. (ofc it's way easier if the DSA mail is the only one in your inbox, then you can call GetNextMailId(nil) to get its id and pass it to DeleteMail).

If you don't want to deal with writing API functions in the chat you can just wait 30 days, the mail will get removed automatically.

Thanks
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna ask for what reason you want to keep that item outside of your stickerbook, because we all know why.

I don't, please tell me more.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sell carries into vDSA with guaranteed drop ofc
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on 19 May 2022 18:04
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sell carries into vDSA with guaranteed drop ofc

Ah, for some reason i read vMA instead. No more questions.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Add-Ons & UI Mods section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post