The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the Crystal's in Blackreach a valuable mineral?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The massive crystals are prolific throughout the Blackreach caverns, and Blackreach, contrary to what legends and rumors in-game suggest, is rather simple to get to. If the Crystal ends up having a practical use either in Magical application or Technology then Skyrim is sitting atop a goldmine.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, great point!

I think I read some time ago that it was the type of crystal from which soul gems can be made, and I think some of the community there are actively mining it?
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that all aetherium? If so, it's one of the most powerful materials out there. Even so, nobody can do anything with it. Only the dwemer knew how to utilize it. To anyone else it's an inert, indestructible rock.
    If miners are going after it, then they're either digging around the nodes and wasting their efforts, or it's not aetherium at all.