Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else disappointed with the portrayal of Nocturnal in ESO?

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
Big fan of Nocturnal, but she basically looks like a low-budget cosplayer in ESO, even her costume is a disappointment. In every single TES art I've seen she appears like an enchanting dark & gothic looking goddess, always barefoot and hovering above the ground.

What should have been:
ycjefpfh5chr.jpg
What we got:
yyjwfpyjasu4.jpg

Some justice for nocturnal in the future please, maybe? @ZOS_GinaBruno Also, changing the dress would be nice, the statue is kinda nice, at least.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually made a popular thread about this when summerset came out. Disappointed they portrayed her this way
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Actually made a popular thread about this when summerset came out. Disappointed they portrayed her this way
    Yeah, made me so damn sad when I saw her, they don't usually do this I think -- so this one really stood out. She could have looked so cool (and her costume).
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread will probably end up being locked. Not sure why.
    I also agree that Nocturnal looks pretty bad in ESO. Even Clavicus looked better and he was just an Altmer with horns. Mephala is honestly as good as Molag Bal, Hircine and Mehrunes Dagon in terms of detail on the model.

In terms of contrast, even though the TES5 character is also a Redguard, the colour contrast in Skyrim was just so so much better visually. If they wanted to go with a Redguard model in ESO they should have taken liberties with her costume and made it something else completely that matches her better. Daedra can appear however they want to appear after all, but I doubt Nocturnal would have wanted to appear like this. And the giant face in the sky you get during the showdown was even more disappointing.
    At least in Clockwork City they only had her appear as pure darkness which was a lot more menacing if you ask me. Should have stuck with that imo.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    I see quite a few threads being locked lately, even when it's just mild criticism. Can't be helped. Anyway, as for Nocturnal herself, the whole thing was just.. bad, let's just leave it there. I sadly can't see them ever going back to update a costume or her look, unless she's going to appear again in the future. Lot's of things with the models could be updated, including animations, but I don't see that happening either, maybe in the future when old-gen consoles are a thing of the past.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    I see quite a few threads being locked lately, even when it's just mild criticism. Can't be helped. Anyway, as for Nocturnal herself, the whole thing was just.. bad, let's just leave it there. I sadly can't see them ever going back to update a costume or her look, unless she's going to appear again in the future. Lot's of things with the models could be updated, including animations, but I don't see that happening either, maybe in the future when old-gen consoles are a thing of the past.

If they didn't update her back when the outrage was fresh and all over the forums, they won't update her ever.
    Maybe if Nocturnal gets another patch of content surrounding her and not just a talking statue they'll give her a new model and update the old one. They did so with the Dro-M'Athra and other creatures that appeared in the base game and later got an updated appearance in a chapter or trial.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    She should look like her statue. The statue of her is cool, in summerset not so much…
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind her look, except that her appearance in the final boss fight was so low-res, it looked like a bad photoshop.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm also convinced that they got her character mixed up with Mephala as well.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Concur, I finally bothered to do the Summerset main quest on live and I was disappointed that in spite of it being literally years since it came out, they haven’t done anything to fix the Daedric Prince of Pixelation.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I think we kinda got spoiled with the Skyrim iteration of Nocturnal that it's overridden any chance of seeing her in any other iteration.

It was well deserved mind you, but IMO i think that kind of love should be shown to some of the less remembered Daedric Princes, Sanguine and Peryite come to mind. And Peryite has a lot of potential in regards to the Khnahaten flu