Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

LoreBooks pins not showing in city/dungeon/delve maps

Mooncake
Mooncake
✭✭
Hello:

Up until a couple days ago all pins showed up everywhere. Today I noticed they are not showing on any focused location map (sorry, lack of better term).

Example: here's an overview of Sentinel from the Alik'r Desert map. Three books shown:

qtxnbah1ap7j.png

Here's the actual map of Sentinel. No books shown:

hgpqokthtfn0.png

Any idea what might be causing this?

--
Lyris Titanborn says: Sai! Your sword! It's working!
Lyris Titanborn says: Sai! That's amazing!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would check to make sure the addon is not missing any dependencies, i noticed this yesterday that the lorebooks addon had a new dependency which was disabling it until i downloaded the new dependency
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Mooncake
    Mooncake
    ✭✭
    i would check to make sure the addon is not missing any dependencies, i noticed this yesterday that the lorebooks addon had a new dependency which was disabling it until i downloaded the new dependency

Yeah, I checked that too, no dependency issues it seems.

fiw3kt9emdfd.png

--
    Lyris Titanborn says: Sai! Your sword! It's working!
    Lyris Titanborn says: Sai! That's amazing!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you got all that sorted out, then i would double check your settings for the addon
    • check the settings for both eidetic memory books and mages guild books (they are separate toggles) and make sure they are set to display uncollected books
    • there may also be a setting to display eidetic memory books even if your character does not have access to the eidetic memory section in the lorebooks tab of journal

if those are correct, i would probably try to check to make sure its not having any unusual conflict with another addon (such as map pins or another one that may also display lorebooks), these issues do not always cause UI errors, but one addon may be "overwriting" the others settings if they are set differently for displaying books or not
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the addon is not working as expected the best way to report this would be the addon comments at teh addon at www.esoui.com:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info288-LoreBooks.html#comments

You'll often find a "sticky post" there (first comment at the top) explaining some common bugs and how to fix them, and you can see if anyone else described the same/similar error already and if someone provided a fix, or if the dev is aware of it and works on it/needs more intel -> which you'd be able to deliver then :D
  • UnionJill1
    HarvestMap is having the same issues. I was missing a dependency, but it is still not working properly.