The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are Nedic Orbs?

ClevaTreva
ClevaTreva
✭✭✭
As title. Are they eggs? Why do they exist?
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    They fall under enchanted lights - though how they were/are enchanted if by souls gems since they are ritual? or glyphs I am not sure.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Lighting_Furnishings/Enchanted_Lights
    Edited by Eporem on 21 April 2022 21:17
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This note accompanies the orbs (which I think the furnishings are a replica of) in Aetherial Archive, which activate hard mode, and gives a little insight to them:

Let it be known to all Firstmages of the upper floors—the Aetherial orbs are not to be tampered with.

The Learned One has devised them as a means to block cosmic essence from tearing this realm to pieces. Remove these orbs and risk death—or worse. Extraplanar stresses are known to wreak havoc on mortal physiology.

• Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    This note accompanies the orbs (which I think the furnishings are a replica of) in Aetherial Archive, which activate hard mode, and gives a little insight to them:

Let it be known to all Firstmages of the upper floors—the Aetherial orbs are not to be tampered with.

The Learned One has devised them as a means to block cosmic essence from tearing this realm to pieces. Remove these orbs and risk death—or worse. Extraplanar stresses are known to wreak havoc on mortal physiology.

you are so right...:) the furnishing is a replica of this Aetherial Orb found in the Aetherial Archive - this description in the note I think should be written beside this furnishing on the uesp.net/wiki..

QwfABcw.jpg

A question comes to mind of The Learned One now as well...I believe she is known as the Celestial Mage, but was she also ever known as Mnemoli the Blue Star? I ask because of what is written in the books of how the Learned One came to be.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Coming_of_the_Learned_One
    Edited by Eporem on 21 April 2022 23:44
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input. So, might one assume they're dangerous somehow?
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    For me I don't know what these orbs do when they are broken - I havn't done the hard mode of the Aetherial Archive - though if you have a replica of this in a house, and they are still enchanted, then I imagine when broken they do whatever the orbs do in the Archive - though on a much smaller scale.

Edited by Eporem on 22 April 2022 21:39
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClevaTreva wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. So, might one assume they're dangerous somehow?

Lore-wise they are a protective mechanism of the mortal plane not to be torn by extraplanar forces, according to the Mage's warnings. Game-wise, they activate hard mode in the trial, and once they are broken, this can't be reversed, so you can't undo the HM activation.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    For me I don't know what these orbs do when they are broken - I havn't done the hard mode of the Aetherial Archive - though if you have a replica of this in a house, and they are still enchanted, then I imagine when broken they do whatever the orbs do in the Archive - though on a much smaller scale.

Its been soooo long since I've done vAA HM, I don't remember the specifics. But you should be able to find videos of clears online pretty easily, and compare what's happening between the two versions of the trial for an idea of the sorts of energies the orbs tend to protect Mundus from.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »

Its been soooo long since I've done vAA HM, I don't remember the specifics. But you should be able to find videos of clears online pretty easily, and compare what's happening between the two versions of the trial for an idea of the sorts of energies the orbs tend to protect Mundus from.

Thank you @Supreme_Atromancer for this suggestion - I did look it up and gathered that the difference was the Meteors (the cosmic essence) that began to fall through when this orb was broken that were not there before ..so now maybe the replicas of these are not really furnishings but a device used by the mages who are able to call upon meteors in their spell casting. ?: or something like this:) ...or maybe they are only meant as conversation pieces to tell the tale of this Archive.

Edited by Eporem on 24 April 2022 22:49